Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
Thinking of wrapping the rear end to match the roof and halo. The attached picture is a poor attempt but gets the idea across....what do y’all think?
2F94338A-47A9-46A7-A989-2900C32927EF.jpeg

I guess I will be the first one to say that I don't like it.

Why would you want to have a black ass when your ass is not black?

Okay, I really didn't mean that to be racist or anything; It just doesn't look right. Don't do it! Not only does it look awful, but it will never ever ever be clean. Ever. Even when you clean it.

To me, the most valuable attributes of the C5 and the C6 were the uniformity of color and smoothness throughout the body. The C6 has a disappointingly high black rear valence, but I can deal with it. The C5 is perfect. The C7 - Well, let's just not talk about that unless it is blue or black to hide it anyway.

Okay, I really didn't mean that to be racist or anything; It just doesn't look right. Don't do it! Not only does it look awful, but it will never ever ever be clean. Ever. Even when you clean it.

To me, the most valuable attributes of the C5 and the C6 were the uniformity of color and smoothness throughout the body. The C6 has a disappointingly high black rear valence, but I can deal with it. The C5 is perfect. The C7 - Well, let's just not talk about that unless it is blue or black to hide it anyway.

But my ass is black....it’s a self portrait!

My C7 is black and oddly enough the rear doesn’t get dusty any quicker than the rest of the car. I assume this is due to the aerodynamics. For sure I expected it to be constantly dirty but I just isn’t.
My black C6Z was the same which was a great surprise and part of the reason I was happily able to choose black for the next 2 C7s.
👍

My C7 is black and oddly enough the rear doesn’t get dusty any quicker than the rest of the car. I assume this is due to the aerodynamics. For sure I expected it to be constantly dirty but I just isn’t.
My black C6Z was the same which was a great surprise and part of the reason I was happily able to choose black for the next 2 C7s.
👍
My C5 gets more dust sitting in the recesses of the tail lights than anywhere else on the car. I bought a really nice overpriced gasket kit for the tail lights. That makes washing easier. The flush mount kit would be even better but I don't like the look.

Nooo. Just NO. To me it's no different than doing body work on a fender or a door and leaving it in primer while the rest of the car is in a beautiful color or you bought a used part and haven't got to paint it yet! Now I am a fan of two tone which typically defines an area above and an area below. (Yes there are exceptions). Having had the exact same car as you ...and color...I wanted something different as well...and did the halo gloss black and limo'd the windows. (You need some tint on your hatch lol). Now the whole canopy was dark and beautiful and contrasted amazingly with the rest of the silver and each space was well defined. Anyhow...just my .02 cents ymmv. In the end though it's what makes you happy! This is after all just an opinion you asked for and nobody wants to discourage you from something that makes you smile as soon as you see it! My only other appearance dilemma was to keep the factory aluminum rims or go to a nice black rim. Enjoy the modding!

Last edited:
Nooo. Just NO. To me it's no different than doing body work on a fender or a door and leaving it in primer while the rest of the car is in a beautiful color or you bought a used part and haven't got to paint it yet! Now I am a fan of two tone which typically defines an area above and an area below. (Yes there are exceptions). Having had the exact same car as you ...and color...I wanted something different as well...and did the halo gloss black and limo'd the windows. (You need some tint on your hatch lol). Now the whole canopy was dark and beautiful and contrasted amazingly with the rest of the silver and each space was well defined. Anyhow...just my .02 cents ymmv. In the end though it's what makes you happy! This is after all just an opinion you asked for and nobody wants to discourage you from something that makes you smile as soon as you see it! My only other appearance dilemma was to keep the factory aluminum rims or go to a nice black rim. Enjoy the modding!

Thanks for the input everyone.....points well taken but I will not go Black rims....they look like someone is running snow tires to me😉

Black rims? I don’t need snow tires!😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.