Rooster

Casual User
Nov 15, 2015
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1978 Anniversary
While looking for information on a fix up I am performing on my recently purchased 78 I came upon this forum. Lots of great info and people onboard so I thought I would join. Looking forward to being apart of this.
IMG_2122.JPG

Rooster...
You and your C3 are most welcome here.
Tell us more about your Vette.....and what you are up to..
And how the heck you 'backed' the Vette up the ramps?

lol
Graham
Thanks Graham. I bought this 78 from a guy I knew who had owned it for a few years and never found the time to work on it. I picked it up with the goal of cruising in it while fixing things up as I went along. Soon discovered that it had a wiring problem as it was drawing 8 amps while sitting parked. So I started looking around for the problem and soon ended up with the interior all torn out. Turns out the dash harness was melted in a few places and was shorting out. While fixing the harness I started to uncover a whole slew of horrible jury rigging and patch jobs. As these things go, the tracing of wires etc uncovered different weaknesses etc and I finally decided to yank the power train and fix things up as best I can while keeping it on frame. Just don't have the time and money to dedicate to an off frame. So I will spend the winter rebuilding and painting and hopefully avoiding project bloom (which is already happening). I'll post some update shots as I go.
DSC01198.JPG
DSC01198.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01206.JPG
    DSC01206.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 46
Welcome Rooster! Glad to have you here and I am also looking forward to seeing how your project goes!

Hopefully, you'll have 'er back together in time for Ponoka next year!

Welcome to the group. With wiring harnesses, it might be a little expensive but the cost of new wiring is good fire insurance when you find that you have a messed up harness. Do the car right and you can have a lot of road time without fear of something else breaking down.

Welcome from Red Deer Rooster. Everyone here looks forward to seeing your progress and as Riley noted, it would be great to see you on the road for the Ponoka meet and greet in May. And the first thing I also noticed along with Graham was the ramps..... How did you back onto those? There's not enough clearance to set those ramps in behind the wheels???????? Inquiring minds need the answer.... :confused:

Welcome from Red Deer Rooster. Everyone here looks forward to seeing your progress and as Riley noted, it would be great to see you on the road for the Ponoka meet and greet in May. And the first thing I also noticed along with Graham was the ramps..... How did you back onto those? There's not enough clearance to set those ramps in behind the wheels???????? Inquiring minds need the answer.... :confused:
Ha ha ha. No stunt driving required to get on those ramps. Just used a floor jack too raise the car and then set them under. Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: nascar03
DSC01207.JPG IMG_2867.JPG IMG_2870.JPG DSC01225.JPG DSC01228.JPG DSC01234.JPG DSC01333.JPG DSC01329.JPG DSC01372.JPG Just thought I would update on the job. All done with a drill and wire wheel. Finally bought a small blast cabinet for the small items and am kicking myself for not getting it sooner.!! The project is expanding....to the point where I am thinking about going for the frame off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.