Featured Thread

Hex8810

I'm New Here
Apr 20, 2018
Chilliwack
VetteCoins
Car
1978 Corvette
New member here from Chilliwack. Recently repurchased a C3. Had a C3 20 years ago and had to sell it. Always promised myself i would buy another. In August last year I sold my house in Surrey and moved to Chilliwack. With those proceeds i was able to repurchase my C3. Been a long time coming.
Screenshot_20180325-141130.png

Welcome and thank you for the photo ... :thumbs:

hmmm ... anyone else wondering something?
... a fella sold his C3 twenty years ago (ok I will speculate to buy a house)
... nineteen years later sells the house an moves
... "with those proceeds" purchased this awesome looking C3 back again (?)

Super thrilled for acquiring that C3 and ...
I am wondering if we should ask for a photo to make sure this isn't the house too :Wideyed:

Last edited:
New member here from Chilliwack. Recently repurchased a C3. Had a C3 20 years ago and had to sell it. Always promised myself i would buy another. In August last year I sold my house in Surrey and moved to Chilliwack. With those proceeds i was able to repurchase my C3. Been a long time coming. View attachment 16167
What a sweet looker that is. Welcome to the forum.....

Thank you all for the warm welcome. To clear a few things up I will.

First of all I bought my first C3 when I was around 21, sold it a couple years later because I was expecting the birth of my first child and because I was purchasing my first place. Plus it didn't help out that the rear control arm rusted out.
Secondly after selling my house in Surrey, I decided to downsize, and moved into a townhouse in Chilliwack. I always told my family the day I sold the house was the day I bought a C3 again.
Thirdly....sadly this isn't my C3 that I had 20 years ago. That car was Brown and automatic. This although the paint code is brown ;) , this car is a 4 speed with a 383 stroker.
Fourthly I have some work to do on this car. It previously had a fire under the hood and has just recently gone through the provincial inspection. I wanted a driver not something I would be afraid to drive.
Here's to the work ahead.

Glad to be here amongst all of you and looking forward to the times ahead.

Ed

1978, underhood isn't too bad. Supposedly the motor is a fresh rebuild. Ive already replaced the intake manifold and carb. Getting ready to pull the tank and replace everything up to the filler. The tank is rusty and instead of cleaning I've decided on a fresh tank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.