KMillar

I'm New Here
Feb 16, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
1990 corvette
Hello, just joined the site. I live in Calgary and own 2-1990 corvettes.
Convertible with a 396 small block and a coupe with a 427 small block.

I'm starting to look for a 2006-09 Z06

I'm a member of the Calgary corvette club. I started slaloms a few years ago and I really enjoyed it.
It was pretty apparent that I could stay competitive in some of the tight slaloms, but when they were opened up. My lack of horsepower showed up.
So I contacted a guy in Salt Lake City who builds big inch small blocks.
So I had him build me a 4 bolt 396 striker with a ported super ram and afr 195 heads
Then I had a opportunity to buy a 421, I did nut took out the mains during a race. So now it's 427, it's a bow tie block with a ported miniram

Reactions: nascar03
Hey KMillar. Welcome to the CC Forum.... It really sounds like your lack of horsepower is an old story... those both sound like good working rides now.... How about posting up some pictures.... we like pictures here.... And if you make it up towards Red Deer, drop a PM and we will get together for a coffee or a ..... tea... yeah.... tea... :rolleyes:

Eric

Welcome KMillar....
I am a Calgary owner as well.
Hey Carter Chev has a 07 Z06 but it's at Carter and asking $45K
I know the General Sales Manager (Jared) and the New Sales Manager (Richard) from my Northland Pontiac Buying Days (they know me to see me as my relationship was with Dave - now owns Easy Auto Glass).
It would be my hope that they would help to give you an awesome price if your interest is in that car. But you may already know them since you are here in Calgary ...
I am diligent on a good buying prices and unfortunately they have not met my expectations since Northland Pontiac (owned by Carter Group) closed ... but I never ever burn a bridge. Check out their website ... it's on it.
The next dealer I always check with is Northgate Chev in Edmonton. Great sales team there ... just got my '16 Stingray there last year.
Cheers!

IMG_0206.JPG Thanks for the replies, here is a pic of the 2 money pits

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.