CARBON Z

Casual User
Dec 13, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2011 Carbon Z06
Hi Everyone! Glad to see there is a Canadian Corvette forum and I'm already seeing some familiar faces on the threads. Anyways just some history about my long awaited dream come true last year November 2014.

From the time the C5Z came out my dream was to one day own one. I could of purchased one a few years back but was convinced by myself and friends to get the C6Z. I've been hunting around Autotrader in ontario and have noticed a decline on C6Zs so I desided to do a search on ZR1s.

In that search, 3 came up in my area a 09 cyber grey with 28000km and a 2010 silver with 19000km and a 2011 Limited Edition Carbon Z06 with 12000km they were all in my price range but I would of never thought I would be able to by a ZR1. The 09 ZR1 was sold so I went to see the 2010. Loved the car and was going to come the next day to sign the papers, but I also had a appointment to see the Carbon the next day in which I was going to cancel until my better half convinced me not to.

I knew a few things about the Carbon Zs but never seen one in person. After seeing this Z06 there was no question I was buying it!!! A few things sold me on the car over the ZR1.

1) NA Motor wasn't a big fan of supercharged motor (not to say I wouldn't want one)
2) the interior with the suede and the Blue stitching and Carbon decor. (love it)
3) the colour, Super Sonic Blue with the Black mirrors Black inner head lights and Black rims.
4) still has the factory power train warranty till July 2016 now I extended it to 2019
5) all original paperwork including the LeMans 50th anaversary decals still in the box MSRP sticker and build sheet.

All in all I got not only my dream car Z06 but a special Addition Z, with all the goodies from the ZR1 without the motor and glass on the engine cover.

Over the last year I've learned a lot about the car and really lucked out with the purchase of the beast.

1 of 252 built
1 of 166 in SSB
And according to Dan Kane Cadillac in Windsor
1 of 13 Allocations to Canada:canada:

Come on April 14th!:Biggrin:
image.jpeg

Hi Everyone! Glad to see there is a Canadian Corvette forum and I'm already seeing some familiar faces on the threads. Anyways just some history about my long awaited dream come true last year November 2014.

From the time the C5Z came out my dream was to one day own one. I could of purchased one a few years back but was convinced by myself and friends to get the C6Z. I've been hunting around Autotrader in ontario and have noticed a decline on C6Zs so I desided to do a search on ZR1s.

In that search, 3 came up in my area a 09 cyber grey with 28000km and a 2010 silver with 19000km and a 2011 Limited Edition Carbon Z06 with 12000km they were all in my price range but I would of never thought I would be able to by a ZR1. The 09 ZR1 was sold so I went to see the 2010. Loved the car and was going to come the next day to sign the papers, but I also had a appointment to see the Carbon the next day in which I was going to cancel until my better half convinced me not to.

I knew a few things about the Carbon Zs but never seen one in person. After seeing this Z06 there was no question I was buying it!!! A few things sold me on the car over the ZR1.

1) NA Motor wasn't a big fan of supercharged motor (not to say I wouldn't want one)
2) the interior with the suede and the Blue stitching and Carbon decor. (love it)
3) the colour, Super Sonic Blue with the Black mirrors Black inner head lights and Black rims.
4) still has the factory power train warranty till July 2016 now I extended it to 2019
5) all original paperwork including the LeMans 50th anaversary decals still in the box MSRP sticker and build sheet.

All in all I got not only my dream car Z06 but a special Addition Z, with all the goodies from the ZR1 without the motor and glass on the engine cover.

Over the last year I've learned a lot about the car and really lucked out with the purchase of the beast.

1 of 252 built
1 of 166 in SSB
And according to Dan Kane Cadillac in Windsor
1 of 13 Allocations to Canada:canada:

Come on April 14th!:Biggrin:
View attachment 3750

Welcome. Fine looking car and I think I've seen it a few times already. Not sure if it was you or the previous owner, or indeed another. Will wave next time :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.