You're 5
Mar 20, 2015
Red Deer
VetteCoins
Car
82 Berlina Coupe SE
This is my first post.

First I like to say it's nice to be on a Canadian Corvette forum. :canada:

I own a 1982 C3/Phillips Berlina Coupe SE that I purchased in Jan. 2013 with just 14,707.7 miles on it. It has only 14 miles driven in the previous 7 years and it's all original including the tires and wiper blades.
My issues are mostly from seals that have been sitting and have dried out to the point of leaks and the tar undercoating mess that has preserved this car. I also wish to soften up the front suspension because the front end is lighter than the original C3. That's because they did a 22" extended frame that pushes the front suspension ahead of the motor.
It's a fine automobile that is described as "Coach Built" because it's factory built as opposed to a kit car. There are 143 Berlinas built in total and mine is 1 of 17 SE models. It's a rare car.
I'm presently in the middle of a frame off restoration and have upgraded to the Borgeson power steering. I found the power assist has a center dead spot that makes the car feel like it's wandering because the front end is so long.
My interests also include motorcycles, especially the Indians. I have a 2002 Indian Chief and a custom Road Star and a 2014 Chieftain.

Thx, John Rosebrugh in Red Deer

http://oi40.tinypic.com/vzgc2c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome John.....You have a very unusual car there, one that I had to google to find out about. A rare find indeed and fashioned after the mid '30's Mercedes 540 Roadster. Simply beautiful.

Good luck with the restoration , please keep us abreast of your progress and post some pics of the car if you have them.

Colin.

Reactions: charliebates
Thx for the welcome Colin.
I have the frame powder coated & sitting beside the car body. I'm about to paint the firewall and the under side of the car. Then start to install onto the frame. I already have all my suspension and steering parts done like new and ready to install. I'm pretty much past all the dirty work and soon to be on the fun side of it all.
I will post more pictures but another time.

hi John...
Welcome to the forum..
Is it built on a 1982 corvette chassis? When was it built?
350 running gear?
That is a different car.
It looks like it is modeled after the Excaliber Cars that were produced in the late eighties/early Nineties..?

thanx for sharing.
graham

Welcome John.....You have a very unusual car there, one that I had to google to find out about. A rare find indeed and fashioned after the mid '30's Mercedes 540 Roadster. Simply beautiful.

Good luck with the restoration , please keep us abreast of your progress and post some pics of the car if you have them.

Colin.

there is a guy here around buckhorn with one of those. i havn't seen it in a couple of years though.

What a great looking car! I agree with Nascar03....reminds me of a miniature version of the Excaliber....your unit when fully restored will be a head turner and topic of discussion for anyone that enjoys automobiles in general. The relationship to the C3 is interesting...sure beats the look of the corvette wagon!

First off I'd like apologize to you people.

I must come across a some what of a snob for not replying. The truth is, I never knew I had any replies. I just stumbled onto this thread now and realized I've been missing out. I had to change the settings to "Watch Thread" and will now have notifications of replies.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to spending more time here.

there is a guy here around buckhorn with one of those. i havn't seen it in a couple of years though.
I believe that would be a friend of mine from Orillia where I grew up. I still have family there and on one visit I met with "Bill" and we went for a ride in his car. Is this the car?
upload_2017-10-16_9-25-22.png

Bill has the personalized licsence plate "BERLINA" . My wife tried to get that one for me in Alberta and it was already taken so she got me "BRRLINA" instead. I expect there's another some where in Alberta If so I would sure like to me with him/her.

Welcome aboard CharlieBates! I'm in Red Deer also so if there is ever a time that I could come over and check your car out I would love to! We could take pics as this looks like a very cool resto. When do you plan to have it done? Maybe May of 2018? The fisrt Show of the year is in Ponoka and the boys there put on a spread for everyone!

Welcome .... errr ... Welcome back ?
Man I think we have a "Back to the Future" thing going on here ... Even RileyP and others hung on ...
Ok I'm game ... I'll wait until you collect what you need here and get back up to 88 again to go back to 2015 :thumbs:
When you go back ... please stop Trump, Trudeau & NDP in Alberta ... thank you !!!
Cheers,
Spence

Welcome John and hat's off to a very cool and unique restoration you have taken on. Please post some pic's of your progress throughout the restoration if you could. Would be very interesting to see details of that creation. All the best, cheers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.