Apr 12, 2018
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Convertible 2019
Province
ON
2019 C7 convertible on order. Purchased my first Vette 50 years ago - a 1965 convertible purchased used in 1968, then a second 1965 convertible purchased used in 1977, next came a 1972 coupe purchased new, then a 1998 convertible purchased new and now this C7. Can't seem to be without a Vette. The C7 on order is a Grand Sport Watkins Glen with black top and two-tone Adrenaline interior. At my age didn't need the 650 hp (but I was tempted). Haven't told any friends or my kids about this recent purchase - they might think I am losing my mind, which is very likely, as I am closer to 80 years old than 70. Just going to surprise them when they see it, which will confirm to them that I have lost it. Nevertheless, looking forward to it.

Order with dealer was finalized April 2nd. Can anyone advise how long it takes to get the vin and is there any way I can track it thereafter, or can this only be done by the dealer.

Bo.

2019 C7 convertible on order. Purchased my first Vette 50 years ago - a 1965 convertible purchased used in 1968, then a second 1965 convertible purchased used in 1977, next came a 1972 coupe purchased new, then a 1998 convertible purchased new and now this C7. Can't seem to be without a Vette. The C7 on order is a Grand Sport Watkins Glen with black top and two-tone Adrenaline interior. At my age didn't need the 650 hp (but I was tempted). Haven't told any friends or my kids about this recent purchase - they might think I am losing my mind, which is very likely, as I am closer to 80 years old than 70. Just going to surprise them when they see it, which will confirm to them that I have lost it. Nevertheless, looking forward to it.

Order with dealer was finalized April 2nd. Can anyone advise how long it takes to get the vin and is there any way I can track it thereafter, or can this only be done by the dealer.

Bo.

Welcome to the forum Bo. Maybe see you in Winnipeg for the Meet in the Middle event this July. Meet in the Middle 2018

New forum user as of today. Bo, not sure this helps but the 2019 builds began January 29th. I ordered mine with the dealer in October, it was built the week of March 19th and arrived at the dealer on April 6th. The dealer received the invoice with VIN on Apr 3rd so it only took a few days after for the car to arrive. The dealer indicated to me they were not able to track the build schedule but I can't say for sure. I've never owned a Corvette before, looking forward to picking it up in the next few weeks when the weather is better.

Reactions: Riley P and YFCvii
New forum user as of today. Bo, not sure this helps but the 2019 builds began January 29th. I ordered mine with the dealer in October, it was built the week of March 19th and arrived at the dealer on April 6th. The dealer received the invoice with VIN on Apr 3rd so it only took a few days after for the car to arrive. The dealer indicated to me they were not able to track the build schedule but I can't say for sure. I've never owned a Corvette before, looking forward to picking it up in the next few weeks when the weather is better.

Welcome to the forum Crinks.... Yes....post an intro...tell us your Corvette story... come to the Meet in the Middle event in Winnipeg in July and meet a bunch of us.... Meet in the Middle 2018

Reactions: ddgermann
Big Welcome @Bo Doodley ... You have definitely come to the right place when losing one's mind :Wacky: ...
you should fit in very comfortably here as you will also notice a second thing that we all have in common here ...
we each have vettes too :Wideyed: ... ya I know :Woot: ... it's crazy eh :thumbs:

Last edited:
Hey @Crinks ... Welcome to CCF ... maybe bust out and make your own intro thread if you want ... this way we can all find you for your big welcome :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum Bo! Super glad to have someone on here that has been with Corvettes for such a long time! It would be great to hear your impressions of the Corvettes you had along the way.
Man, if my dad bought a new Corvette, he'd be the coolest dad in the world!
Somehow I think the best way to introduce your Corvette to you family is through a smoke show as they come out to see the car. :rofl:
But anyway! Great car! It sounds beautiful and let us know how the family takes the news! :D

Cricks! Pretty neat to have someone who is new to Corvettes in this thread with someone who has been with Corvettes for 50 years! Welcome and post up some pictures!!!

Welcome to the forum Bo! Super glad to have someone on here that has been with Corvettes for such a long time! It would be great to hear your impressions of the Corvettes you had along the way.
Man, if my dad bought a new Corvette, he'd be the coolest dad in the world!
Somehow I think the best way to introduce your Corvette to you family is through a smoke show as they come out to see the car. :rofl:
But anyway! Great car! It sounds beautiful and let us know how the family takes the news! :D

Cricks! Pretty neat to have someone who is new to Corvettes in this thread with someone who has been with Corvettes for 50 years! Welcome and post up some pictures!!!

Hey Riley - I really like your idea of a smoke show - my friends, kids and grandchildren will think I'm smoking something anyway. I expect there will be some great comments and remarks when my friends and family see me in this car. I will share them with the CCF for sure. As for the Vettes I owned in the past, the C2 ones were the most enjoyable for me because I was able to have fun with continuous rebuilding of the engine - especially the 327ci's that I had in both C2's. You had to constantly upgrade your engine to keep up with those pain-in-the-ass Mopar 340's. Nothing like the sound of a C2 with a small block (4-speed Muncie of course) and side exhaust. The most impressive C2 was the 396 / 425hp porcupine head engine that was in the late 65 model. The C2's in my experience were the most fun to own and play with - and in their era, they were in a class of their own style-wise. And I still think the C2 with side exhaust has the coolest sound to date. But they were straight-line cars. My 72 was a 454 I think 270 hp and was not a very fun car at all - I might as well have owned a Camaro. Great top end, but that was it. Didn't play around with this one - so much pollution equipment typical of the early 70's cars. My '98 C5 (manual) was a fantastic car - very comfortable ride and more than a straight-line car. I sold it a couple off years ago and that feeling has never left - hence the purchase of the C7. So there's a bit of background on the cars I have owned. Bo

Hey Riley - I really like your idea of a smoke show - my friends, kids and grandchildren will think I'm smoking something anyway. I expect there will be some great comments and remarks when my friends and family see me in this car. I will share them with the CCF for sure. ...
Wish I could witness that ... pictures are 1000 words of course :thumbs: ... I am looking forward to your big day(s) !
I will tell you, my list keeps getting longer of those who I would like to meet in person when I eventually get to do a Corvette Drive to Southern Ontario.
I have family in Niagara-on-the-Lake, London, Toronto and up into Cottage Country so I am sure to be near many of our CCF Colleagues.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.