jabortnik

I'm New Here
You're 5
Jun 19, 2014
Guelph, Ontario Canada
VetteCoins
Car
1984 cfi
I am new to the group and this is my first vette, a 1984 cfi red.

below is a list of some parts I need and some parts I just wanna replace ot upgrade, any help would be great

Vette parts wanted / needed

Targa top, glass or hard top and storage cover
Passenger side seat wiring, from body harness, 6 prong plug, drivers side will do
Hood studs/bolts 4 needed
Steering wheel with center cap
Antenna
Tires (buy new?)
Brakes (buy new?)
Mufflers (buy new?)
Steering console signal / cruise lever
Rear speaker grilles
Right front headlight wire, 2 grey plugs with a light green and white wire, about 6

Welcome to the forums Jabortnik!
I have a decent '87 and a really haggard '85. I'll look forward to following your progress.
As for your top... if you have a damaged one, consider some form of repair. I epoxied and siliconed a crack on my '87 plexi-top and I'll just refinish the solid top on my '85.

As for tires... hard to beat Discount Tire Direct Home - Discount Tire Direct Really good prices and flat rate $160 a set to your door with all fees etc included. I got new tires for our Minivan from them when we were in the U.S. on vacation and a buddy here bought a set of Falkens for his C4 and had them delivered.
Very satisfied with their service and prices. No surprises!
David

c4 parts

David:

I do plan on trying to repair my top, it has a nice big "y" crack in it (corner to corner in the back, meeting in the middle then to the front center, a y)but I do have friends in the body business who I know will help or guide me along the way

I checked out the tire link you provided and it looks good, I can get 4 tires for $550, the best I have found before have been $750-$800 for 4).....thank you

are there any parts you may part out from your 85 or are you planning on working on it? do you need any parts? are you mechanically inclined? what are you doing for manuals?

some other items I am looking for are:
headlight wiring harness, 6" long, green and grey wires (on my 84)with 2 grey plugs, one at each end

a 6 prong drivers seat connector from the body wiring harness to the seat, I want this to power my newer passenger side sport seat (the passenger side harness would be ideal)

sun visors, arm rest...and the list goes on. its been over a yr since I have been able to work on it, its just stored right now, but I hope to get back at it in the next week or so....it fired right up(after the gas got up to the engine) after it sat for a yr

thank again
Steve

Hi Steve,
I am hoping to get my '85 on the road eventually... so I'll keep what I have. I have no extra parts for either of my C4s at present. Basically I am just working with what I have and purchasing a few things as needed (mostly while in the U.S. on vacation).

As for a manual... I have just picked up a second hand Haynes Manual for $10 off Kijiji.

I am only semi-inept at working on my own cars. I have a son who is good at tracking down electrical gremlins and a couple of friends who are reasonably knowledgeable. With all of that available... I can pick my way through most problems.

David

Have a set of 93 rotors and calipers excellent condition not sure if you still need them and if they will fit 84. Make me a offer if they will work.
Also there is a guy parting C4 and C5's from his house in Woodstock.
Nice guy and very reasonable pricing due to having low overhead.
Randy 519-424-0113

Am myself looking for someone in Ontario who is experienced in rebuilding my C4 steering column.

Have a set of 93 rotors and calipers excellent condition in Pickering not sure if you still need them and if they will fit 84. Make me a offer if they will work.
Also there is a guy parting C4 and C5's from his house in Woodstock.
Nice guy and very reasonable pricing due to having low overhead.
Randy 519-424-0113

Am myself looking for someone in Ontario who is experienced in rebuilding my C4 steering column.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread