I am going to jump in here. Although I appreciate the effort, the original sketch look, at least I think, falls a bit short because, unless you see the entire logo headon, you don't know what it is. Having two websites that fall under my corporation, I can't stress enough the importance of the Logo as it represents the site and can later become a sole point of site recognition.

For example... This is my site logo:

SSD with Email copy.jpg

This is my other site logo:

TechX with Email copy.jpg

These logo's are part of our site name and on all of our gear. We have been recognized and approached on several occasion by people who have seen the logo and nothing more. We are commonly recognized and approached by readers and tech manufacturers at events because of the brand recognition. Dont get me wrong, I know you have put a TON of work into this site Nik and I (and all others) appreciate it very much... but I might keep at it just a bit more with the logo... Actually looking at the top left of this page...that two lines shaped like the vette is a start... Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Riley P
Eric.. I think you have captured the essence of the 'driver'.

'He is everyone..Yet no-one..!'

That is 'deep'.
I can tell you studied 'art' beyond us mere mortals.

graham

'He is everyone..Yet no-one..!' .... Now THAT is Deep Graham.... you missed your calling... The next Confucius is among us ...

Reactions: nascar03
Comon guys!!!! Les is trying to be serious here........I'm gonna have to talk to a moderator about this. Who's in charge here....these dang mods -- you can't find em when you need em. Sheesh..

Humble apologies Les -- this is a serious business.........

Graham and RD I want to see more out of you and a little less 'shtick' please.:)

C.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
As much as I would love to be able to offer something constructive, 'shtick' is all I am capable of. :(

love the play on words too btw C...

Eric

To all the logo designers out there....
Is there a way to somehow incorporate Canada into the logo?
Maple leaf,......??? outline of the country around a logo..., ??
ANYBODY want me to draw something!! Lol
Graham

Lol, I'm relegated to spectator in my thread... Carry on.

And to allay fears those lines up at the top are far from the logo we want to go with. It's a placeholder. Logo is the anchor of a brand and as such should reflect some of our core pillars and values i.e. drinking cheap booze so we have more money for parts, driving too fast, labelling a cam as a fuel saving feature, needlessly revving in parking lots etc etc. Just need to capture this in a non-incriminating sort of manner.

Ok Nik.... This is my stab at capturing a non incriminating pillar. I've covered exhaust, cheap booze, money and driving fast.... the fuel saving cam just wouldn't come to me...and I was going to draw a pillar but ran out of room..... It was all good until I got to the front end... for some reason Wiley Coyote forced himself into my pencil.... Graham... you are welcome to add a hood ornament....
Eric

:Beatdeadhorse:

RruuffRendition.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Colin: Come and get me!
He he
Graham
I'll be a-knockin' on your door one day
Ok Nik.... This is my stab at capturing a non incriminating pillar. I've covered exhaust, cheap booze, money and driving fast.... the fuel saving cam just wouldn't come to me...and I was going to draw a pillar but ran out of room..... It was all good until I got to the front end... for some reason Wiley Coyote forced himself into my pencil.... Graham... you are welcome to add a hood ornament....
Eric

:Beatdeadhorse:

View attachment 3515
Beauty Eric! I think that puts you ahead of Graham........
Nice flag.and no shtick....

I think Nik started a new thread somewhere else, tho I haven't found it yet. Nik Oh Nik, where are you.
C.

Last edited:
Wow Murray.... I was wondering if anyone would notice the custom wheels. Those are my artist rendition of the surplus jeweled titanium alloy wheels left over from the cancelled CDN F-35 purchase. Lockheed Martin had a liquidation sale and Asanti is now offering them up them at $ 250,000 per wheel. FYI, they are speed rated to Mach 3 so no need to back out of the Z06 at half throttle anymore either.
:ohoh: Eric

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-26_19-20-6.png
    upload_2015-10-26_19-20-6.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hopefully the mods don't wake up and cross the line to make this one shticky, NIk would never live it down. :Biggrin:

But back on topic, incorporating an outline of part of the maple leaf would show that this is a CANADIAN :canada: corvette forum and that we are nice guys and gals

Hopefully the mods don't wake up and cross the line to make this one shticky, NIk would never live it down. :Biggrin:

But back on topic, incorporating an outline of part of the maple leaf would show that this is a CANADIAN :canada: corvette forum and that we are nice guys and gals
I did make it shticky but somehow it got unshtuck and I lost all my privs.:Arghh:

C.