Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
What's:

1. Easier to apply than Rejex?
  2. Looks Better than Zaino?
  3. Lasts longer than you'd suspect?
I'm having a bitch of a time posting pics, but maybe these links will work?

Answer is:

Menzerna

Here's the results on my 12 year old, 105,000 kilometer paint-job of a C6 driven through Texas and Alberta (dusty wind for lots of swirls).

MENZERNA 2

The side looks wet as I could have hoped given the age of the car.

MENZERNA 2

Great shine and glow to the paint in the right light

MENZERNA 1

Even the rims reflect the painted calipers--looks boss!

MENZERNA 3

And for good measure the trees on the hood look like the reflection of a lake (albeit a black lake).

This stuff is impressive, and I was (and still am) a fan on Rejex. I found an auto-detainers forum and looked up some of the reviews--even the pros thought this is a game-changer for them.

This was a quick clay bar, and two coat job. Can't wait to get out on the road now!

If I click on your first photo link I get into you photo saving file and can see all the shots.

Indeed the car looks really good.:thumbs: Nice work, let us know how it holds up.

Where have you been by the way? Missed your posts.

Winter blues kept me down.

When the changeover happened, I was having some issues with my VPN. With spring here, I'm back for a little while.

While I understood the need to upgrade, I find the new forum to look rather "busy", but Nik is a great resource, and it looks like the numbers have grown! Hopefully make a few more enhancements this summer!

Thanks though--it's nice to be missed.

Reactions: LSXtasy
I second this thread.

I just did a 3 step cut on my black Mustang and it turned out awesome..... and I finished it with 2 coats of Swisswax too.

I will be trying this Swisswax on my ZR1 soon.... the Mustang is not base coat / clear coat so hoping the Corvette even turns out better.

I just gave Paul ( RockyM ) some Mezerna 4000 which is now the 3600 I think --- he said he wanted to get some Rejex..... I have not tried it but I have tried Zaino and did NOT like the whole Zaino line..... I put coats and coats on my newer cars and just didn't like it.

I used Merzerna 400 cut, 2500 cut and 4000 on my black Mustang and then 2 coats of Swisswax

they were out of the Mezerna sealant

Polishes and Compounds

Swissvax Canada | High Performance Luxury Car Care Products Swissvax OBSSSSD Luxury Carnauba Show Wax 50ml | Auto Obsessed™

Washed the car last night and boy does the water bead...... wow.

Paul... check out this thread. :)

Brian

Last edited:
OH, a tip for everyone..... before you wax wash your car with Dawn dish wash soap. It strips old wax from car and wax build up causes swirls and streaks. Make sure you wax it right after before driving the car.

Those 3 cut polish compounds I use foam pads at about 1000-1200 rpm. Auto Obsessed ( if your in Alberta -- oh, they can mail to Ontario and wherever ) sells stuff to rinse foam pads and also stuff to wash your microfiber towels too. I used to use Zero at home to wash them, the guy said Zero is ok but not the best.Auto Obsessed is not cheap for their products but the store is a detail guys playground.

I don't have time to find the washing stuff links now but the pad wash stuff is blue in color and microfiber wash stuff is yellow.

Make sure you wash some loads before and dry with NO cling free in the dryer for 1-2 loads of sheets or something before and dry microfiber towels at low heat.

All these tips have help me get some great finishes.

Brian

Last edited:
Good tips Brian! Let us know how you make out on the ZR!

Vince, that paint looks unreal.

The only thing I have to ask about is the easier to apply than Rejex. When I applied Rejex, it was pretty much wipe on, wipe off. Easy peasy but with the Manzera, there are different compounds, cutting agents with using an orbital, then a wax afterwards. How did you apply it Vin?

I'm sure I could have used more coats of other stuff.

This is a simple quick clay bar and two coats of product. I used fresh microfibre towels to apply. Mi like hand detailing, not orbital.

That's it.

I let the second coat cure longer than the first. Second coat was done one week after first.

Nice. Once I burn through all my Rejex, I'll have to give it a try but I'm not sure how big of a difference it'll make on pewter as it's not really a color that pops.

Tried out the microfiber cloth wash last night. Towels are like new and so soft! Next Up will be the cut/polish nervous but have read and watched the video plus if Vince and Brian swear by it that's good enough for me!

I use them once and never again. A bag of a bunch is like 15 bucks and they lasted like 2 years. This way i never worry about cleaning them wrong--although it does seem wasteful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread