Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Have friends you'd rather talk to on the forums than in person? We have a solution for you.

Introducing another first for CCF, our very own invitation system to make inviting your hard to please or absent minded buddies to join CCF a little bit easier. (Yes also regular less problematic friends and acquaintances can also be invited).

As of now you'll have a new option available under your user profile called Invite Friends. This will take you to a new screen where you can currently invite friends by:

1. Email: Typing in email addresses and sending invites (emails will come from the forum)
2. Facebook: Using facebook messages to invite friends (you will be redirected to facebook to login and the invite will come from your facebook ID/profile)
3. GMail: Using GMail contacts (you will be redirected to login to your Google account and accept a permission screen where your contact list will be read and populated, this will allow you to select all your gmail contacts to send the invitation to). Please note CCF does not retain your gmail contact list or any private information.
4. Referral Link: Using a referral link and email it yourself (clicking on the referral link tab will generate a universal referral link that your buddies can use to go straight to the registration page). Simply copy the referral link and paste into your own email to your invitees.

More importantly all friends that have accepted your invite and registered will be listed under your Invite Friends page and under your profile settings so you'll know the username under which they registered.

And that's not all, those of you who have successfully sent out 10 or more invitations that have been accepted (i.e. have lead to a registration on CCF) get a special and unique CCF badge under your profile not found anywhere outside of a Greek meat market. (I have verified the last claim personally)

The system has a few bugs I'm ironing out and in future will also include LinkedIn invites.

Pics attached showing how it all hangs together.
Invite-1.png

Invitation-2.png

You can also directly access the invite page using this link:
http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/invite/

well Nik.... told you once I could break anything.... Invited my friend.... hit send invitation,,, it said it sent successfully.... then got this error page flashed up....

CCF error page.jpg
page.jpg

Tried to get back it.... closed the internet... keyed in the CCF again and got the above page...still seems to be acting weird....

[

well Nik.... told you once I could break anything.... Invited my friend.... hit send invitation,,, it said it sent successfully.... then got this error page flashed up....

View attachment 3686 View attachment 3687

Tried to get back it.... closed the internet... keyed in the CCF again and got the above page...still seems to be acting weird....

[

You've done well :) The invite did go out to your friend but need to figure out how to recreate this.

Thanks for the heads up.

The glitch at the end is probably the forums being slow as I have a bunch of nightly backups running during this time frame. Need to move those out a bit so good reminder.

P.S. Promoting you to A1 Tester class with that level of issue discovery there :)

Last edited:
You've done well :) The invite did go out to your friend but need to figure out how to recreate this.

Thanks for the heads up.

The glitch at the end is probably the forums being slow as I have a bunch of nightly backups running during this time frame. Need to move those out a bit so good reminder.

P.S. Promoting you to A1 Tester class with that level of issue discovery there :)

:ROFL: A1 Tester class..... That's a very polite way of saying klutz...... hahahahaha.....