Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
The RK Sport Ram air hood was always my favorite for the C6 and i knew that was the one i wanted. Finding the best price was a lot more hard, was considering shipping it to the border or heading down to the states to pick up (before the travel ban) but in the event there was shipping damage that could have been a nightmare to solve. Corvette Depot was always an option, but there prices are totally ridiculous, i have compared their price to every part i put on my car and they are are always way more. I asked if they would price match and they wound not.

I ended up finding a RK Sport supplier outside Edmonton and they had it made to order. Had it shipped to a depot in Winnipeg for only $150 all in i saved hundreds not going with corvette depot. Hood was shipped very well in a well built cardboard box, i was also able to open it and inspect prior to signing off. Fitment out of the box and quality id say is 7 out of 10. Pretty good for any aftermarket body panel i say. Still have about 5 hours prep before going into paint. Should be out mid next week.

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 47
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 51
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 57
your hood looks great, i have an ACI hood, had it on for a test fit and noticed it's heavier than the stock hood and the struts don't seem strong enough to hold the hood up, did you notice this on yours?
146120-3.main.jpg

Last edited:
Hood came out really good, ended up being about 15 hours of labor for sand prep and paint. I didn't get a weight for it but i has to be twice as heavy as the factory ones. I replaced my hood struts last season and their still doing the job.

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 35
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 38
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 35
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.