Heiko

Casual User
Jul 16, 2018
Guelph, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 Z51 3LT
Well I finally got around to joining and wanted to say hi. I bought this mint condition 2014 Premier Edition C7 last month
and so far love it. Did a bunch of stuff to it so far... short shifter, custom wheel centers, grill, Diablo tune, remote exhaust
control, side skirts, front splitter, interior blue LED lighting, and a few other minor items.
Cheers
Heiko

Attachments

• IMG_E8669.JPG
    IMG_E8669.JPG
    670.2 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Derek;
The tune is from Diablo Sport (intune programmer) it allows customized maps as well it acts as a basic OBD diagnostic tool which is great.
The guy that owned the car before me bought it, but I updated it and loaded the latest custom maps from Diablo. They claim around 30/30
added to the stock rating... It's not crazy but for $400 bux that I didn't have to pay for its a nice to have :)
H

Thanks Derek;
The tune is from Diablo Sport (intune programmer) it allows customized maps as well it acts as a basic OBD diagnostic tool which is great.
The guy that owned the car before me bought it, but I updated it and loaded the latest custom maps from Diablo. They claim around 30/30
added to the stock rating... It's not crazy but for $400 bux that I didn't have to pay for its a nice to have :)
H

Very interesting. This is very similar to what I used to buy for my pickups. Was able to set the governed speed limit up way past 160 kph and dump in some preset tunes and mess with all the individual parameters if I wanted. The factory tune could be quickly put back in before the truck went in for service.
Don’t remember the name of the thing. I have a couple still sitting around in the shed.

Ya these are very cool toys. Really was good for shift points and really livened up the experience. 😀
Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

D

Reactions: Heiko
Hi Heiko
I have only been a member for two weeks but already I have gained a lot information and enjoyed some of the threads. I am sure you will to. I am in Georgetown but I won't be getting my C7 til late August. I am hoping to go on some Corvette runs so maybe i will see you. Great looking car by the way. I ordered the same wheels on my white C7. I had the chrome wheels on my C6. The chrome wheels seem to be out of fashion these days as all the cars I looked at had the black wheels. In my mind, probably looking at it from a 60's perspective, the black wheels don't highlight the rest of the car. I noticed that most of the race cars have black wheels so this might be why they are so popular. I am stuck in the 60's I guess when Cragar mags were all the rage. That reminds me that the first car that really moved me was a 1968 Z28. There used to be a race track in the north of Toronto called Pinecrest and I used to go there with my dad to see the stock car racing. Almost all of the cars were beat up old wrecks and then one night this brand new blue Z28 with racing stripes showed up. It left quite an impression.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hi Heiko
I have only been a member for two weeks but already I have gained a lot information and enjoyed some of the threads. I am sure you will to. I am in Georgetown but I won't be getting my C7 til late August. I am hoping to go on some Corvette runs so maybe i will see you. Great looking car by the way. I ordered the same wheels on my white C7. I had the chrome wheels on my C6. The chrome wheels seem to be out of fashion these days as all the cars I looked at had the black wheels. In my mind, probably looking at it from a 60's perspective, the black wheels don't highlight the rest of the car. I noticed that most of the race cars have black wheels so this might be why they are so popular. I am stuck in the 60's I guess when Cragar mags were all the rage. That reminds me that the first car that really moved me was a 1968 Z28. There used to be a race track in the north of Toronto called Pinecrest and I used to go there with my dad to see the stock car racing. Almost all of the cars were beat up old wrecks and then one night this brand new blue Z28 with racing stripes showed up. It left quite an impression.

Hey I used to think Varney Speedway was great in the old days :) I hear ya on the black wheels being in and the chrome being out; I like the black wheel look and I have to say their probably easier to keep clean then the chrome ones... but I still prefer the chrome! Good thing we all have a different taste otherwise life would look boring :) When you get your car let me know and we'll meet up for a coffee :) Send me a PM and I will send you my contact info...
Cheers
Heiko

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread