Thanks in large to financial support from our members as well as our sponsors we have acquired a fancier, quicker bare metal server hardware and after hardware validation will commence the process of migrating CCF over. Our HW is still located in Canada including our failover site.

What does this mean?

We will be able to support significantly higher traffic patterns. Mostly future planning.
We will add native CCF video upload support so those of you sharing vids via youtube will in future be able to directly upload to CCF without the extra steps.
More media storage space.
Enhanced performance in general.

It will take some time to move over our assets so I will splash you with plenty of notice if any downtime occurs. This is a heads up.

Here's a pic of the CCF team working in Nik's basement on the last update... o_O

1580488284655.png

Alright pretty much good to go with the switch over. Good timing because we're getting hammered by serious traffic this month so I've had to be on my best behaviour :angelic:

I'll post some notices ahead of time. Switchover should last about an hour or so, CCF will be on and off as I need to do a lot of testing before opening the floodgates. Keep you posted.

Alright pretty much good to go with the switch over. Good timing because we're getting hammered by serious traffic this month so I've had to be on my best behaviour :angelic:

I'll post some notices ahead of time. Switchover should last about an hour or so, CCF will be on and off as I need to do a lot of testing before opening the floodgates. Keep you posted.
yeah...meant tomention we hit the 4000 members couple days agos.... Woohooo....Big time!

Reactions: Nik and OL Yeller

Users who are viewing this thread