Aug 7, 2015
Victoria, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1960 Roadster
Hi vette guys! I've been lurking on your cool site and forum for like forever! It's time to say hello and thank you all for the great pics, reads, and quite invaluable info (Mouseology 101)!!

I've been corvette crazy my whole life... and SOOO lucky to have a mechanic husband who shares the insanity. OMG and he loves carbs and builds motors! I did have to work a little conversion magic... cause he was the quintessential !%#{[HASHTAG]#Ford[/HASHTAG]!#%) guy! Now he thinks it's really funny to wear Ford t-shirts while driving the vettes and vice-versa. At least there are no 289s or 428CJs in any of our Chevys - which he threatens to do! I'm always pointing him to your posts when somebody has an 'AHA fix', suggestion or sweet ride pic.

We're in Victoria and hang out with a terrific group all summer. Have lots of Vic Vette Club, Mustang Club friends - all awesome, but aren't club members. Just neutral so we can cruise with everyone equally. There are tons of vettes on the island - most surprisingly a large number of '63 splits. There couldn't be a more beautiful thing than seeing a row of em at a car show - with ours in the middle! My '60 is too perfect - an older restoration but kept all original - roman red with white coves - my car before meeting hubby Dave. She drives (and stops) like a bus, but I couldn't love her more! She attracts people like flies. We added a 2015 coupe last year - balance is important!

I envy your Alberta gang - you get to convoy to the most incredible destinations for lunch. Canmore, Banff, such gorgeous places to open up and fly! We are way overdue for a mountain road trip.

Just checking that it's okay to have stepped into your tree-fort without an actual invite?? My brothers would laugh then shoot our barbies heads off with a cap gun! Promise I never had a pink barbie vette. Just sayin...

Franci

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hibernation...

Hi Franci...
Very nice collection.
Welcome to the Forum to you and your Ford buddy.
Lots of great Corvettes on the Island.
The Victoria Corvette Club is holding a big event in the May long weekend this year.
Vettes from all over Western Canada will be there.

A few more pics would be welcome.
Graham

Reactions: Mooney
Hey Graham and Black 03 Z06 - thanks so much for the warm welcome. Both your black vettes are be-auties!!

Graham - I saw on the VicVetteClub's calendar a scheduled CCCC event in May, but wasn't sure of the details. Are you coming over with some of the Riverside club? It,s like a sanctioned Western Canada event, yes? I was wondering if they're hosting some of it at the skookum new private race track mid island. I haven't seen the facilities in person yet, but hear it's amazing. I'll get some deets from VCC aquaintance Cam - I think he was Past Pres. I bet the Riverside club also has some great events!

Am lookin forward to now having the air conditioned, comfortable, reliable '15 for away missions! I feel better when the old '60s kids stick closer to home to play. Do you feel that way with your '75?

These pics are inside the house... strange to visitors - perfectly normal to us. I forget it's quite odd. The garage is where 'those who shall not be named' (aka the Fords!) reside. All super cool too - just not vettes. We're collectors of signs, oil and gas stuff etc. I haven't seen many garage pics from the vette guys in this forum - be interesting to see others vette spaces! Do you often get to do garage/collection tours? We were invited over to Steveston about 7 years ago to view the most amazing vintage/classic car and automobilia collection! Jim Ratsoy's I think? Beyond fantastic!

Hello Franci. And another big welcome to the forum.... even if you have been hanging silently with us for a while.... Hilarious opening introduction...you obviously have a great sense of humour as well as well as great taste in Corvettes.... Those are some gorgeous rides you have there... Love the 63.... ...love the 60 .... love the C7 too.... They are Corvettes.... What is not to love....:thumbs:

As far as the "tree fort" goes, I think you've met the entry fee with this group..... and I haven't shot the head off a Barbie ....well....since I started studying Mouseology..... ;)

You have a great looking home.... The three Corvettes in the toy room rocks! I envy the signage too....

Again welcome. And when you are thinking of making it across the mountains, let us know. We are always up for a meet and a cruise.....

Eric

Welcome to CCF. a great first post , and a fine row of Chevrolet's !! nice color on the 63. Lovely display area to hide and show off all the toys. A few here like signs and stuff too, mine are posted here and there someplace .

Hi Franci....
The Victoria Vette club people are a nice group...
They will have specific details out very soon concerning their 'weekend'.
Usually the slalom events are at Western Speedway, but that new track looks like fun.
Were you at the Track opening day a month ago! A big turnout.
We have campaigned our '75 thruout Western Canada CCCCwr events for 34+ years...
Been to Vegas and California a few times as well. Not afraid to drive it.
I have to admit the '03 is quite comfy, though they are both great fun in different ways.
We may be at the May event.

Graham

Last edited:
Hello Franci. And another big welcome to the forum.... even if you have been hanging silently with us for a while.... Hilarious opening introduction...you obviously have a great sense of humour as well as well as great taste in Corvettes.... Those are some gorgeous rides you have there... Love the 63.... ...love the 60 .... love the C7 too.... They are Corvettes.... What is not to love....:thumbs:

As far as the "tree fort" goes, I think you've met the entry fee with this group..... and I haven't shot the head off a Barbie ....well....since I started studying Mouseology..... ;)

You have a great looking home.... The three Corvettes in the toy room rocks! I envy the signage too....

Again welcome. And when you are thinking of making it across the mountains, let us know. We are always up for a meet and a cruise.....

Eric

Great to meet-cha Eric and thanks a mill for the kind welcome. It's like a sibling group corvette hug!

Your C7 is fabulous - the Daytona Sunrise is drop dead stunning in person. I've only seen a few that color and actually gasped! You've got a super nice collection of your own! I note lots of guys in the forum with multiple vettes and big car collections. And as we well know, once hooked, one just aint enough!

Witty, wonderful plate tag... you definitely trump me in the funny dept! Did you mount your front plate? Maybe the AB cops are more lenient? I carry mine around in the cockpit - ready with the lame explanation to go with the first pull-over.... "Oh officer, I've been bugging the DH to put that on for ages!", ponytail toss, big smile, hope to God for a warning. A buddy with a C7 proudly showed me his snipped front plate - now the size of a chicklet - buried into the grill. It's barely noticable or legal. Yup, first world problems!

A mountain tour would be very cool... same goes for an island oceanfront scenic drive tour!

Franci

Welcome to CCF. a great first post , and a fine row of Chevrolet's !! nice color on the 63. Lovely display area to hide and show off all the toys. A few here like signs and stuff too, mine are posted here and there someplace .

Thanks for the kind welcome!! OMG - a sweet 82 AND quite the awesome collection of chevys and token '38 Coupe! I had to google your Delray - very interesting. We have a friend with a '57 Chev Sedan Deliv - similarly cool!

Shall try to find your collection posts; it's cool to see other's collections. I like the gas pumps and big signage alot - the lil stuff not so much - only because the 'Royal We' (aka moi) get to dust it!

Thanks - I dig the color of our '63 too. Originally silver blue, it's now '66 vette color Mosport Green. Similar, but prettier I think. Otherwise, all original and stock with a powerglide. Franci

Last edited:
Great to meet-cha Eric and thanks a mill for the kind welcome. It's like a sibling group corvette hug!

Your C7 is fabulous - the Daytona Sunrise is drop dead stunning in person. I've only seen a few that color and actually gasped! You've got a super nice collection of your own! I note lots of guys in the forum with multiple vettes and big car collections. And as we well know, once hooked, one just aint enough!

Witty, wonderful plate tag... you definitely trump me in the funny dept! Did you mount your front plate? Maybe the AB cops are more lenient? I carry mine around in the cockpit - ready with the lame explanation to go with the first pull-over.... "Oh officer, I've been bugging the DH to put that on for ages!", ponytail toss, big smile, hope to God for a warning. A buddy with a C7 proudly showed me his snipped front plate - now the size of a chicklet - buried into the grill. It's barely noticable or legal. Yup, first world problems!

A mountain tour would be very cool... same goes for an island oceanfront scenic drive tour!

Franci
Thanks Franci... Nope...no front plate.... You're not gonna like this but we don't have front plates here..... so no front bracket... no nothing... It's the trade-off for not allowing us any tint level at all on our side windows.... :(

DSCN4970r.jpg

Thanks OneTrueChevyGirl, here's a shot of the coupe with my sign wall , inside of the shop is plastered too . I seen your gas pump outside. I had a double pumper North Star but sold it to a guy in BC a few years ago. I notice what may be a Seeburg wallbox , I have a bunch of jukeboxes and pinballs too.
View attachment 6889

XFire - holy hanna!! That's one amazing collection of outside signs... many are super rare! Zoomed in to take a closer look... wowow! No worries ever about them getting scoffed? Can't even imagine how amazing the plastered interior is! Please share more pics?

Hey - we seem to collect the same interesting stuff! I think gas pumps are just the coolest. We have 5 single visibles (I think?). 3 are restored. And a double visible WhiteRose in the same yellow as your coupe. It has its own postal code corner. Our garage is sign plastered too - double sided hangings, tire signs, and mucho more quirky and unusual. I have a thing for the Pegasus and all things Mobilgas and Mobiloil What's the fav pinball and jukebox in your collection? Mine's the Creature from the Black Lagoon pin and a '60 Rock-Ola Tempo juke with Bel-Air fins. Man we are fun people with great taste!!! :)

Thanks again for sharing the pic!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.