lamiluc

I'm New Here
Oct 1, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1988 Coupe
Just crashed my 88 Corvette today and am looking for a body repair and paint shop in Ottawa.
Just the nose has the paint stripped off and a signal light is smashed. Got lucky I guess.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Welcome to the CCF. Sad your introduction has news of such misfortune. I had the need for a Corvette repair shop in Calgary just over a year ago. I was made aware of a repair shop that works with exotics.
While I was in for my evaluation of paint refinishing due to impacts from a chip & seal road repair, I learned that Tesla has just endorsed them. Long story short, you might find the care and attention for not only your Corvette but also it's Owner in a shop that repairs exotics and the unique.
This same place has also repaired and Acadia and a Sierra of mine in the past and treated me no differently from the day I took the Corvette in. It worked very well for me and I wish for the best of outcome for you on this. One thing I have learned is that I won't let a Dealership do body and paint repair for me (this since the 1980s). They appear to be real good at quick warranty repair and it shows after a few years. I don't know if this has changed over 30 years … as I'm not one to be in any hurry and try it again.

Last edited:
Just crashed my 88 Corvette today and am looking for a body repair and paint shop in Ottawa.
Just the nose has the paint stripped off and a signal light is smashed. Got lucky I guess.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Try contacting CCC - Capital Corvette Club
Home
Those guys should know which of the local shops are good.

Hi all, I've just started my search for a body shop / painter to redo my 88 Vette. So far, estimates have been between 10K and 15K. A little disconcerting since the car is not worth even 10K. Also, the existing paint was done in a pearl finish which is incompatible with most shops. Carstar in Orleans won't even touch it as they say it is not matchable. Stay tuned for my foray into the world of body work / paint. Just may strip it down and sand it myself...and repaint the whole car.
Thanks for any advice.

Oyster paint is difficult to match at the best of times and 30 year old oyster, well ....

The cost to do a full paint job on a vintage car never relates to its retail value; it is an emotional decision. Think of the beautiful vintage cars we see on the streets and the money that has been poured into their rebuild and maintenance. People who don't love cars think we are lunatics for spending more to enhance a car that what it is worth at the time. As an illustration, I am in the final stages of a big refresh job on my 1979 MGB; new full body paint, some minor body repairs, aluminum wheels totally refreshed, full engine rebuild, some suspension work. I bought that car in 2002 for $10K and could sell it after the work is done for $10K. It is not an investment decision, it is pure emotion and love for that car.

Like everything else we love, it will cost money. ;);)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.