1stC7z06

I'm New Here
Jan 29, 2017
YYC
VetteCoins
Car
Porsche 911
Hello all,

Just joined the forum as I am thinking about getting into a C7 GS and/or z06 this summer. Currently have an '09 911 C2 and had some previous performance vehicles (C63, S2000, Cayman S, 911 Targa S, GLA45). This will be first time considering a domestic muscle car. I will be researching my next toy on here. Nice to meet you all! I am from the Calgary area.

Attachments

• IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place as there is a wealth of information and owners here who will be more than happy to share Corvette information and experiences with you. Keep us up to date on your progress....

Welcome to the forum! That's a sweet ride you got there. You will love either car you choice with zero regrets. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and someone will be sure to answer.

Oh wow. That is a nice looking Porsche you have there, and that is a great picture.

What draws your interest to the Corvette over a new Porsche? You have an interesting history of cars listed there. I'd actually love to hear about your opinions of every one of those cars too. Definitely some fun cars in your past.

Of course we are all perhaps a little opinionated here on a Corvette forum, but the Corvette really is the best car in the world. LOL perhaps, but it's true.

It's relatively lightweight and has close to 50/50 weight distribution over all models, which as an owner of an S2000, you surely must appreciate. It is the 'bang for the buck' best car that money can buy, which is a huge value in itself - but it is also one of the cheapest platforms to build with as well, with a huge aftermarket and its easy to make a lot of power for what you might save over buying a new Porsche, for example.

There are plenty of guys here with C7s, GS and Z06s. Post up questions in the C7 Section, and guys will respond. This is a great group of people who love their cars, and love to share their experiences with them.

For my own personal (and biased?) opinion, the Grand Sport is the car to buy. Even professional drivers who get to run all the best cars in the world, all recommend the Grand Sport over the Z06. If you are a 'regular' driver (and by that I mean much better than all of you friends lol), then a Grand Sport is more planted and easy to control at higher throttle. If you are a STig, then the Z06 is insanely fast, and will go sideways ANY time that you like. Torque monster. Scary, but oh so much fun.

As a Porsche and a Mercedes owner, I'm curious to know your opinion on the Corvette's interior? It's been the car's (and most domestic cars) disappointment for many years. But no more hard plastics and cheap-looking interiors in the C7s, right?

Get out and drive one. Maybe wait until it warms up a bit, lol, but definitely go and look at a few. You'll like it.

Reactions: Tinman
Welcome - I am from Calgary as well.
Bought my first Stingray north of Red Deer last year as prices were better advertised. Calgary had a short period of reduced pricing.
Give Joe R. a call up at Northgate Chev in Edmonton. That Dealership impressed and sold me far better than 4 others up there. Calgary Dealers did not have what I wanted on their lots. I shopped 5 dealerships up there from Westlock through Wetaskiwin (the "oil" money is not moving as it used to up there for these cars).
I think Westlock still has a Z51 at about $20k discount ... it was one of the cars on my radar ... unbelievable!
Joe at Northgate is super awesome ... they actually took the car out of the showroom for ours to test drive - on the spot. First impressions are everything.
Last time I looked, Northgate has a good selection on their website and they have already helped out my neighbor here in Calgary for a Yukon XL.
It should be worth a trip to see the cars actually on the lot. They have the entire selection of 2017 Z51 to GS to Z06 with a compliment of extras.
Also a 2016 or two are still there. Northgate Chev did not nickel & dime on the bill of sale as well (i.e. there was no doc fee).
Cheers!

Interestingly enough I used a different guy but bought mine from Northgate in October last year. Andy S. was recommended to me by a friend who used him to buy his vette 2 years ago. I too had great service and would recommend him to anyone. Congrats on your purchase. Let's see some pictures :)

Greetings Pep! Congrats on your purchase!
The first person I contacted at Northgate was Mike (General Sales Manager). He passed me on to Andy and he was awesome in helping me with answers to a few initial questions that I had in regard to a Corvette on their website. A few days later I found Joe (as Andy was not available) and he spent a tremendous amount of time helping me to understand every aspect of not just the Northgate Corvette but all the online Corvettes that I was considering. I left with I lot of information to process. My wife and I returned about a week later to do business and wrapped it up a sweet purchase agreement. I know your October pricing was awesome as well. We got to meet Andy on our delivery day with Joe and he along with everyone there impressed us to no end. So much so, I recommended my neighbor to shop at Northgate and about two weeks later he is now driving his new Yukon Denali. My wife and I drove back to Northgate from Calgary a month later for our 900km break-in oil change and it was just like a continuation of our delivery discussions with everyone. Job well done by Northgate ...
2 Pictures are of our Corvette in Northgate's Showroom and
Second picture is the side-by-side driveways in Calgary with 2 brand new 2016 Northgate Vehicles we titled it ;) "Boyz want a Sportscar and need a Truck" ;)
OK ... 1stC7z06 ... you should pretty much know now that Northgate should be a place to visit ... eh? Check out their website ... something just might be on your radar ... :)

Attachments

• 13158048395x650.jpg
    13158048395x650.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
  • img_2045e.jpg
    img_2045e.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: Pep
Oh wow. That is a nice looking Porsche you have there, and that is a great picture.

As a Porsche and a Mercedes owner, I'm curious to know your opinion on the Corvette's interior? It's been the car's (and most domestic cars) disappointment for many years. But no more hard plastics and cheap-looking interiors in the C7s, right?

The interior is vastly improved over my C6 Jordy. When you clean and condition the C7 interior and start wiping down the nooks and crannys, the quality difference really hits home.... And when you sit in the seat, it sort of grabs you in all the right places...lol.. Have you driven one yet?

DSCN5364r.jpg
DSCN5365r.jpg
DSCN5366r.jpg

Reactions: YFCvii and Tinman
The interior is vastly improved over my C6 Jordy. When you clean and condition the C7 interior and start wiping down the nooks and crannys, the quality difference really hits home.... And when you sit in the seat, it sort of grabs you in all the right places...lol.. Have you driven one yet?

View attachment 7494 View attachment 7495 View attachment 7496
... hmmmm ... is that a ????? detector admission we see ... what's that gismo on your console? ... hmmmm ... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
No SN-III... that's just a go-pro camera.... Oh.... Wait... We're in BC/AB/or Saskabushy, it's really a Bell 905 radar detector and I can freely admit that without fear of retribution from the authorities. Now if only I could legally tint my windows....:Banghead: Duh!!!!!

No SN-III... that's just a go-pro camera.... Oh.... Wait... We're in BC/AB/or Saskabushy, it's really a Bell 905 radar detector and I can freely admit that without fear of retribution from the authorities. Now if only I could legally tint my windows....:Banghead: Duh!!!!!

Life's too short, just do it lol......but for the record I didn't say that

Fair enough Jordy... From my experience, If the sticker price is no consideration, the Porsche still holds the interior finish title between it and the C7.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread