Here is something new to try and jam into your already stuffed detailing cabinets 😂

I think a Perrier water bath does just as well!
perrier.jpg
:Biggrin:

The maddening part is that you can buy it at a number of locations in the USA, including directly from Meguiar's, for $15 a bottle. Your only option here in Canada is through Amazon.ca where the price is $50 a bottle (same 16oz size). Oh, and if you try to order it from Amazon.com for the $15 USD, their web site comes back saying "Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address."

The maddening part is that you can buy it at a number of locations in the USA, including directly from Meguiar's, for $15 a bottle. Your only option here in Canada is through Amazon.ca where the price is $50 a bottle (same 16oz size). Oh, and if you try to order it from Amazon.com for the $15 USD, their web site comes back saying "Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address."

Ya that is maddening. Hopefully it will hit the shelves of Canadian Tire this summer for $30

Reactions: ccltj
Looks like a good product, and although my last name is not Mequiar, I do swear by their hydrophobic wax. I do question the maintenance spray at 12:40 though. No spread, no wipe, three little squirts and instant pressure wash it off.... how does it achieve maintenance coverage when you directionally pressure washed those squirt patterns right off the edge..... :Confused5:

• Agree
Reactions: ccltj and Bixter44
Looks like a good product, and although my last name is not Mequiar, I do swear by their hydrophobic wax. I do question the maintenance spray at 12:40 though. No spread, no wipe, three little squirts and instant pressure wash it off.... how does it achieve maintenance coverage when you directionally pressure washed those squirt patterns right off the edge..... :Confused5:
Doesn't make sense to me either. I will be doing the initial application method every time I use it.

Here is something new to try and jam into your already stuffed detailing cabinets 😂

I use the Ultimate Liquid Polymer Car Wax: love it - easy to apply, no residue left (powder) and beautiful shine. Just did my car last week. Friend recommended it & I love it.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I use the Ultimate Liquid Polymer Car Wax: love it - easy to apply, no residue left (powder) and beautiful shine. Just did my car last week. Friend recommended it & I love it.
On a thread this past summer everyone was listing their favourite detailing products. Hardly any the same and everyone loved their favourite wax. Just proves there are lots out there that make the dirt and water fall off your ride. Hence the 'already stuffed detailing cabinets' that Derek referred to.

That does not make sense to me either. I have the product and spray onto a applicator and spread it on a slightly wet car. Even coverage and less waste. If priced right it should be about $20.00 per bottle. I have read it can be diluted to yield more product but have no been able to confirm that.

Anybody know if these can be applied over Xpel/Suntek etc.? I know one member here who is removing his xpel and doing a ceramic.
I was researching a ceramic job with Xpel on the easily stone bruised spots. The detailing shop said they were going to put ceramic over the Xpel so it all looked the same. I couldn't imagine how the Xpel can make the stone bruises disappear if there is a coating of Ceramic on top. So I emailed the company and they said nope. Xpel can't do it's job if there is a coating on it. Makes sense.

• Informative
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I was researching a ceramic job with Xpel on the easily stone bruised spots. The detailing shop said they were going to put ceramic over the Xpel so it all looked the same. I couldn't imagine how the Xpel can make the stone bruises disappear if there is a coating of Ceramic on top. So I emailed the company and they said nope. Xpel can't do it's job if there is a coating on it. Makes sense.

Most of the perfectly honest people I talk to tend to feel the xpel self-healing properties are a bit over stated but regardless, I would think that if a coating over the xpel or whatever doesn't promote discolouring or a lack of shine, then it shouldn't be a problem. If a stone chip penetrates the ceramic, then the xpel/suntek should act as a secondary barrier that still helps protects the actual clear coat and paint. Plus the life span of ceramic appears to be all over the board as well. So far I am more than happy with my clear wrap choice. If your clear wrap is significantly damaged, then I can understand removing it and looking at either replacing or a different coating but to just toss 3 to 5k away because ceramic is touted as the new "best", seems a bit silly. At least for my pocketbook. JMHO

I felt that if the stone chip penetrates the ceramic coating on top of the Xpel, and heating the Xpel makes the Xpel all better, then I am still going to see where the stone damaged the ceramic. My email to Xpel reinforced that idea. And I thought the ceramic coating would be tougher against the paint than against a softer material like Xpel.

In my experience the Xpel protection is very good. Rock chip protection on the vulnerable areas would not be as good with ceramic alone as the chips would still happen and make it through to the paint layer. This would be especially prominent on the wider back quarters in front of the rear wheels. This area takes a beating. Haven’t done the like for like test but not willing to test this theory on my black car. The Expel gets marked up but does heal up to a large degree over time. Can’t see a ceramic standing up to this.
The trade off is the lines of the clear bra on the car. I am really getting to dislike this.
My car looks like a couch from the 50s with the plastic cover on the cushions. Yuk.
I think I got carried away with the Xpel and should have wrapped the entire car, which would have cost a fortune. Next time to do it properly for me; wrap will be just the front clip, side shirts and rear quarter vulnerable places done. No wrap on the hood as the line across it with half done bugs me. Then a high end ceramic on the entire car. Not sure if the ceramic should go on first or after the wrap but that will likely be definitively answered here soon enough.

So for me guys there is merit and advantages with both protection systems and after owning 3 Z06s, a thoughtful combination is what I’m going after next time.

Last edited:
I was interested in trying out this product until I saw this review. Judge for yourself.

Before you become too harsh against Meguiars due to the comments on this video, I suggest you follow the link for this video back to YouTube and read the comments, especially those concerning SiO2, seems to be quite a discrepancy regarding his comments regarding the MSDS data sheet and what other people are finding when 'they' download the MSDS report. Also, it appears that the gentleman doing this video has a personal interest/concern regarding this product.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.