Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
CCF Members and Guests,

Experimenting with a new feature to allow those of you who do not want / cannot install the CCF mobile app. It's a browser feature to allow notifications/prompts for things you would normally get Alerts for if you were browsing CCF. It's near real-time, we may crank it to real-time in the future.

This feature is currently only supported on Chrome, Opera and Firefox browsers for desktops and mobile phones so it will not work with some browsers (notably Safari and IE/Edge). Safari on Mac is coming soon.

What does it mean?

You will get a popup when you hit CCF asking for permission to enable notifications for CCF. If you click Yes (you will not be asked again until you unsubscribe) then all CCF alerts will generate a browser alert with the subject/notification type. For example when you get a reply to a conversation or a Like or a reply to a subscribed thread.

Use cases?
You're browsing CCF on your desktop and browse to a different website (heaven forbid). You receive an Alert. Your browser will popup a notification (as long as it's still running) telling you that you've received an alert (new message, reply, like etc). Clicking on it will take you to the alert.

Can I change my mind and remove it?
Yes you can, in Chrome go to Settings->Notifications and find Canadian Corvette Forums, select the remove or block option against the site.

What browsers are supported EXACTLY?

Web Push Setup.png

It's a trial, we will be tracking usage and remove or adjust this feature depending on uptake.

Last edited:
Will this work on dial phones? :rolleyes:..... Just kidding... good feature Nik. It came up and prompted me right away when I logged in. Will see what it does for the old Z10...lol

It popped up here on my work computer way, way out here past the middle of nowhere but I cannot allow it in this instance. As soon as I am close to somewhere and can get my own computer logged in, I will have it enabled; nice feature.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
It should pop up a message on paper or rotary phones when something happens on here.

I works, a kid rode down the driveway on his bike and delivered a something called a "telegram". I am impressed. I guess if this is how it works I should have tipped him, he may not come back.:Biggrin:

oh here we go again ... another thread going left and right and up and down and forward and backward
... but I did notice the iPhone "nopes" right off the bat!

oh here we go again ... another thread going left and right and up and down and forward and backward
... but I did notice the iPhone "nopes" right off the bat!

Apple has a way of restricting everything you do unless you're paying them spence. Outside of my control. We do have the mobile app though for iOS :) this is more for browsers.

Reactions: YFCvii
Apple has a way of restricting everything you do unless you're paying them spence. Outside of my control. We do have the mobile app though for iOS :) this is more for browsers.
No worry for this "little pea in the pod" (me) as I have 6 desktops, 2 laptops, 2 MacBooks (one with Parallels for Win10) and 3 iPhones ...
and as you can likely assume, I've got bigger fish to fry at times ... I am good with anything CCF with what I have in my stable ... Cheers :thumbs:

No worry for this "little pea in the pod" (me) as I have 6 desktops, 2 laptops, 2 MacBooks (one with Parallels for Win10) and 3 iPhones ...
and as you can likely assume, I've got bigger fish to fry at times ... I am good with anything CCF with what I have in my stable ... Cheers :thumbs:

Sounds like you're about to volunteer to be CCF beta tester #3, @Rruuff Day takes the first two spots. :)

Reactions: YFCvii
Sounds like you're about to volunteer to be CCF beta tester #3, @Rruuff Day takes the first two spots. :)
ahhh crap ... caught handing out too much info ...
I got analog phones too, an 11 digit dial phone (early 1900's wiring)
and even a two operating chrome payphones (analog dial & digital push button) ...
sorry sold and no longer have the phone booth and we also closed in the milk chute.

... I think maybe I can show my "green" by asking about the "push" notes part ...
Are they a quick "push" and release or just a keep "pushed" until something happens?

Reactions: ddgermann and Nik

Users who are viewing this thread