97CFDB66-7229-4334-876B-0565CB04BE58.png
Hi Everyone
My name is Mark and I just traded a car for this 2000 Corvette
It has 171,000 kms and is in pretty decent shape
I have a trip permit on it now but it does go in for a safety tomorrow
I have never owned a Corvette before but really like driving this one around
I live close to Dragway Park so this may see the strip once and a while

Welcome to the CCF Mark :canada:
Seeing many things going positive for you - congrats (nice C5)
including your joining CCF and posting photos before being asked :thumbs:

Never "owned" one until now :Woohoo: ... you have a great resource here
Never "driven" one until now :Shrug2: ... you have a great resource here
... and you may already know that ... so ...

Enjoy getting familiar with your Corvette :thumbs:

Last edited:
Welcome Mark. Enjoy your new obsession as we all suffer through it 😂
Fire away with your questions as you have plenty of help and advice on here just a click away.

Derek

Thanks for the welcomes guys !!
Cars have always been an obsession of mine and I look forward to my Corvette experience and being on this forum
I’m sure I’ll have some questions along the way !

We sold our Chevelles in 2012 and bought our 13K mile 2005. The C5s and C6s are about the best bang for the buck out there these days. We bought basically a brand new car for well less than half of new price. With more miles, they can be bought a lot cheaper still. Enjoy the car. I am sure that you will. Something just occurred to me. Did you buy this car from a guy named Scott in Omemee??? He lives about 4 houses north of us. He told me about trading the Corvette for an early blue Camaro.

Last edited:
Welcome. Congrats.
I picked mine up one Thursday afternoon in Sept, and ran it the next night at Cayuga.
Final weekend coming up. (I'm a maybe right now)
Enjoy!
They are supposed to keep the track open till the end of October
I wanted to get my new drag car out there before the end of the year but I don’t think that’s going to happen now. Having issues with my diesel truck tonight. Trying get that thing started

We sold our Chevelles in 2012 and bought our 13K mile 2005. The C5s and C6s are about the best bang for the buck out there these days. We bought basically a brand new car for well less than half of new price. With more miles, they can be bought a lot cheaper still. Enjoy the car. I am sure that you will. Something just occurred to me. Did you buy this car from a guy named Scott in Omemee??? He lives about 4 houses north of us. He told me about trading his Corvette for a blue Camaro.
That’s where the car came from but the guys name was George. And that blue Camaro was mine.

That’s where the car came from but the guys name was George. And that blue Camaro was mine.
George could be Scott's son or something like that. Gotta be the same car. Omemee isn't that big. Pretty healthy sounding small block in it. Scott plays with boats too with hipo engines as well and has a white boat that he is working on right now. He has a couple of nice done up engines racked up in the garage and I think that he has one lined up for the camaro.

Yeah that small block ran the car 11.60’s on pump gas
He did tell me about the two engines he had in his garage and one of them was going in the Camaro just wasn’t sure whether it was going to be the big block or the small block. And he did tell me he fooled around with boats to but they are way too expensive LOL

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Yeah that small block ran the car 11.60’s on pump gas
He did tell me about the two engines he had in his garage and one of them was going in the Camaro just wasn’t sure whether it was going to be the big block or the small block. And he did tell me he fooled around with boats to but they are way too expensive LOL
We are on Queen Street. Anyway, welcome to this Corvette site. Lots of good guys here.

That would be great I would enjoy that. I’ve never been to Omemee though LOL. George loaded the Corvette into his enclosed trailer drove all the way down to me by Dragway Park and then looked at the Camaro and then unloaded the Corvette and I drove it we both liked what we saw and I drove the Camaro into his trailer and off he went !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.