Jul 31, 2021
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
20230105_184348.jpg

I have only ever bought two new cars in my lifetime. Both of them from Chevrolet, and both are now sitting in my garage. Almost exactly 37 years between them. My C8 arrived on the flatbed today, woohoo! Going to be a LONG winter.
I have one question maybe someone can help me with. As you can see, I don't have a lot of room to open the rear hatch. If I do open it, will it want to go all the way up or can I just open it a foot or so to get my floor mats out of the trunk? Thanks.

View attachment 104144
I have only ever bought two new cars in my lifetime. Both of them from Chevrolet, and both are now sitting in my garage. Almost exactly 37 years between them. My C8 arrived on the flatbed today, woohoo! Going to be a LONG winter.
I have one question maybe someone can help me with. As you can see, I don't have a lot of room to open the rear hatch. If I do open it, will it want to go all the way up or can I just open it a foot or so to get my floor mats out of the trunk? Thanks.
You can hold the hatch with your hand to whatever height you want. When you release the lock the hatch unlocks and opens an inch or so. You have to manually lift the hatch any further but the gas shocks will try to open it all the way if you’re not careful. It also has a soft close mechanism.
Nice car btw!

View attachment 104144
It’s great to see a similar garage, I have Porsche and open wheel racing posters up, and my top bunk car was the first non-200$ car I bought, 27 years ago..

In the Spring or whenever you insure, open the garage door, drive out 10 feet, open the hatch and remove the floor mats.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Yes, I have decided to wait and do exactly that. Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Wait if you want, but it's a non issue. The trunk will not jump up on you if you open it. If you are that worried, just put a blanket on the wing and open it as high as you need / want. It really is a simple thing to do.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Wait if you want, but it's a non issue. The trunk will not jump up on you if you open it. If you are that worried, just put a blanket on the wing and open it as high as you need / want. It really is a simple thing to do.
Murray has got it!
Wouldn't hurt to have a second person with their hand on the blanket-padded hatch, to make sure it doesn't move upwards too fast.
I use a big towel folded over a couple of times to protect the hood of my AMX when I open the hood under the four post lift.

My wife reads all the manuals..I just drive...:ROFL:
That made me laugh. My wife doesn't read the manuals for anything. She leaves that up to me to tell her how to set the time on the telephone, program the coffee pot, and multiple other appliances. I do give her credit though as she can turn the vacuum cleaner on by herself.... lol...
Speaking of, she phoned me the other night after she had a board meeting. She jumped in her MKX and it gave her the message "No Key Detected" and she was dead in the water and could I come to the city and bring her the spare keyfob. After It stopped laughing, I explained to her to open the center console and there was a slot in there and to insert the key fob into the slot and it would recognize and she would be able to start it. I really think she totally doubted what I was telling her until she found the slot, inserted the fob and Voila`. It started. She got home and looked at me funny and asked me how in hell did I know how to do that. I just looked at her and said 'I read your manual, you should try doing that sometime".... Needless to say, she won't but I did get to have that smug smile on my face for a while. Oh yeah. She didn't know how to change the battery in the key fob either. :Ack2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.