Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Ladies and Gentlemen.... As there has been some discussion in the past and lately as well as to the state of the nations and the politics of politics and politicians, I thought I would go out on a limb and try a totally un-Vette related chat room for political discussion. If you are interested, drop by and either start a discussion or comment in an existing one if there's one there. The room discussions will be pruned regularly so feel free to bring a past discussion back to life if you feel the need. As with all the chats, If you feel you've said something out of place, you have the ability to both edit and/or delete your chat contribution at any time
Please remember this chat room is not intended to turn into a Hitler ideals anger management outlet. If you have opinions, likes and dislikes, try to frame them constructively, but if this catches on, I do expect there may be some interesting opinions and save the world solutions. ;)

Famous last word from Eric there lol. He said he'd be there with a mop every day cleaning out chat vomit.

Although we have rules against political discussions there's an election coming up in 2020 and oh wait I mean a few weeks :rofl:

And why not have a temp chat room to vent.

Now before all you go get carried away and put your tinfoil hats on, it will be a moderated chat room. There's no way this is turning into the fanboy of the Third Reich fest over on the other forum. We will censor and ban you from the chat room if we see any hate speech (implied or inferred), any racial or religious based antagonism, trolling too is not so hot. Plus a million other rules we will invent along the way.

All the best to us 🙄

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Now before all you go get carried away and put your tinfoil hats on, it will be a moderated chat room. There's no way this is turning into the fanboy of the Third Reich fest over on the other forum. We will censor and ban you from the chat room if we see any hate speech (implied or inferred), any racial or religious based antagonism, trolling too is not so hot. Plus a million other rules we will invent along the way.

All the best to us 🙄

Sheesh.... Almost every day I have to figure out another urban dictionary pop-culture terminology.... tinfoil hats huh... obviously I am a product of a sheltered rural life....

1569689648042.png

The Wreck of The CCF Forum...

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
About the big forum they call Gitche Gumee
The forum it is said never gives up her dead
When elections of October come early
With a load of opinions twenty-six thousand tons more than the CCF weighed empty
The good forum was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of October came early

The forum was the pride of the Canadian side
Coming from a server in North Toronto
As big forums go, it was bigger than most
With Administrators and moderators well seasoned
Concluding some terms with a couple of new rules
The forum left fully loaded for the internet
And later that night when the forum's bell rang
Could it be the opinions they'd be feeling'?

The wind in the cables made a tattle tale sound
When an conversation broke over the railing
And every man knew as the Administrator did too
Twas the election of October come stealing'
When dawn came late Eric said "its too rough to continue"
When the thoughts of October came slashin'

When suppertime came Eric said I am going to have to ban you
Sayin' fellas you got to keep it down
At seven pm a main rule had been broken
Eric said fellow's it been good to know you
The administrator wired in he had opinions coming in
And the good forum was in peril
And latter that night when the internet failed
Came the wreck of the Canadian Corvette Forum...

Thats all I've got guys let the thoughts roll in :Biggrin:

At the start of this Covid BS, gas prices tanked where filling my regular daily driver cost me like $0.66-0.68/litre and when I needed to fill my "newly" purchased C7 ZR1 at 1 time I was able to fill it up with the PC 94 octane at $0.99/litre.

Fast forward 2+ years later, Covid crap still around but prices for fuel has gone Shania Twain's UP UP UP........regular is $1.52/litre and when I get my ZR out this spring will it be almost $2/litre to put the 94 in it????? Time will tell. :mad:

Reactions: YFCvii
At the start of this Covid BS, gas prices tanked where filling my regular daily driver cost me like $0.66-0.68/litre and when I needed to fill my "newly" purchased C7 ZR1 at 1 time I was able to fill it up with the PC 94 octane at $0.99/litre.

Fast forward 2+ years later, Covid crap still around but prices for fuel has gone Shania Twain's UP UP UP........regular is $1.52/litre and when I get my ZR out this spring will it be almost $2/litre to put the 94 in it????? Time will tell. :mad:
All the man bun soy boys and latte frappacinno crowd in Toronto and Vancouver voted this government back in. You get what you vote for. Just wait until JT implements an interprovincial vaccination mandate on our truckers....Apparently he didn't get the memo from this weekend.

It's pretty cyclical if you follow the trends over the last 10 years. If anything Ukraine situation and instability in that region will keep prices high.

Attachments

• ch.gif
    ch.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 12
Outlook during this same time has drastically dimmed for being able to retire anytime soon.
Others probably feeling the same ... and with increased fuel prices,
it sure is nice to see the influence of petroleum investment dividends ramping up at the start of 2022. :cigar:
It comes as good news for CPP's sustainment investments in the petroleum industry too.
As little as it might add for those on Company plans, CPP plays a forced factor in retirement planning & life for many.

My annual travelling km's ability has absolutely tanked since 2019 ... only one big tank filling10,000km journey
last fall. Followed by filling the tank only once over 2 1/2 months since mid-November.
I have not even thought about looking under the Corvette Covers since September ... until now (lol)

The wallet hit of Summer 94 oct tank-filling, will quickly get offset with the bliss of just the first km or 2 of driving right after.
Looking forward to emptying the tank(s) of winter-treated 94 fuel this Spring/Summer as well :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
Hi gas prices with a increasing carbon tax, higher food prices, higher CPP payments, cost of living sky rocketing and our PM man-child hiding from the protesters so he doesn't have to face the backlash of his ridiculous ideology. I'll bet he'll have lots to say once the crowds are gone and he feels safe. Our tax dollars just keep feeding JT and his minions.

First off, I hate poitics, and do not have a favorite party or poitician, but is Canada's govt (whoever it is at the helm) also responsible for increasing gas (and everything else) prices in the usa and every other country on earth?
No, but with our resources coupled with reasonable internal policies, we should be able to effectively mitigate many of the cost increases. Just as a starter I paid $156 carbon tax on my natural gas/electrical bill this month. As a seconder, my CPP payments have gone up almost 6% and my overall CPP increase has been almost 3%. I could go on but I think I have de-railed this thread enough.

No, but with our resources coupled with reasonable internal policies, we should be able to effectively mitigate many of the cost increases. Just as a starter I paid $156 carbon tax on my natural gas/electrical bill this month. As a seconder, my CPP payments have gone up almost 6% and my overall CPP increase has been almost 3%. I could go on but I think I have de-railed this thread enough.
We suffer equally with our pension(s).
It's not just gas & energy, although there's a correlation with sky rocketing food prices. A couple months ago, the orange juice (for example) I buy was $5 a jug. Today, it's $9.
How can I blame that on the prime minister of the day?

Reactions: vintageracer
The cost of the barrel is projected to exceed $100 in 2022. With that, expect the price of refined products to increase as well.

As other have mentioned, the Russia/Ukraine instability is also driving up prices.

But do not expect this inflationary pricing to correct itself in 2022, unless something dramatic happens.

It's not just gas & energy, although there's a correlation with sky rocketing food prices. A couple months ago, the orange juice (for example) I buy was $5 a jug. Today, it's $9.
Inflationary pressures are directly related to financial policy and management. Current federal fiscal policy is directly related to the PM of the day. I am reluctant to get to deep into an economic policies analysis on this thread or even on a Corvette forum. Suffice it to say that the current PM has direct control of many of the inflationary pressures we are facing. Maybe he can't fix gas prices but there are numerous levers at the government's disposal that he could pull to minimize the impact on ordinary Canadians. Unfortunately for ordinary Canadians his ideology will not allow that to happen. His rush to save the world regarding climate change is causing pressures already. Federal bills such as Bill 69 which impact interprovincial projects are having significant economic impacts. So yes the PM can be blamed for much of this.

• Agree
Reactions: C SEVEN GS Bob

"Canadian motorists can expect to pay up to $900 more per year at the pump to cover the federal carbon tax"
-but don't worry, Trudeau will mail you a quarterly cheque to buy your vote and shut you up.

"One in 5 home sales in Canada are speculative....purchased by investors"

The Canadian immigration targets for the next 3 years are
  1. 401,000 immigrants
  2. 411,000 immigrants
  3. 421,000 immigrants
Where are they going to live???

Trudeau's decisions have an immediate impact on the present insane housing prices and fuel costs.

Reactions: tyho
"Canadian motorists can expect to pay up to $900 more per year at the pump to cover the federal carbon tax"
-but don't worry, Trudeau will mail you a quarterly cheque to buy your vote and shut you up.

"One in 5 home sales in Canada are speculative....purchased by investors"

The Canadian immigration targets for the next 3 years are
  1. 401,000 immigrants
  2. 411,000 immigrants
  3. 421,000 immigrants
Where are they going to live???

Trudeau's decisions have an immediate impact on the present insane housing prices and fuel costs.
Agree. Add the carbon tax, increased CPP, numerous other tax increases since 2015 and a mounting debt that seems to have a never ending abyss, keep printing money and yes, many of his policies are partially responsible for Canadians' inflationary pain. Government is supposed to responsible manage finances. Taxpayers can only pay so much before they themselves are recipients of government spending. Wrong decisions, wrong direction and we all end up poor house .... except the politicians of course.

All the man bun soy boys and latte frappacinno crowd in Toronto and Vancouver voted this government back in. You get what you vote for. Just wait until JT implements an interprovincial vaccination mandate on our truckers....Apparently he didn't get the memo from this weekend.

Hey.... go easy on the man bun stuff... I wear one just above my belt... Ok... Maybe it's more like a Timmies bun.... :Biggrin:

trudeau.jpg

Whoever took the time to research all these facts we thank you!

This is informational only, not compiled by me, and not intended to be confrontational. Feel free to share on any social media you like.

His minister of finance engaged in insider trading – should be a 10-year sentence.
He blew the Asia Pacific deal.
He blew the helicopter deal with the Philippines.
He blew the pipeline deal (he's now trying to save himself from it).
He blew the deal with China.
He blew the deal with Europe.
He invited "irregular" immigration into Canada and the taxpayer foots the enormous bill for it.
At the G7 he pledged $400 million to Education around the world along with another $180 million to the Global Partnership for Education in Europe. None of it is going to fix our messed up school systems here at home. Meanwhile, education costs are skyrocketing for our youth making university a mountain too high for many to climb.
He pledged $241 million to Family Planning around the world including a $20 million donation to the Bill and Hillary Clinton Foundation . This all happened while he told veterans that they were asking for more than he could give.
He pledged $2.65 billion to climate change at the Commonwealth Leaders Summit and now he is trying to bully the provinces into new taxes to pay for this pledge.
He pledged $300 million to the Rohingya Refugee crisis while we have a refugee crisis of our own flooding into Quebec that he won't address.
He pledged $125 million to Caribbean Reconstruction while our own infrastructure in cities is falling apart.
He pledged $650 million to Sexual and Reproductive health in Haiti and around the globe wanting safer abortions for women while many women in our own country are left without a family doctor.
He pledged $50 million to Palestine for flood relief when NB had some of the worst floods in decades this past spring.
He pledged $840 million to Syria for Humanitarian Assistance when half the native reserves in our country don't have clean drinking water.
He gave $10.5 million to a convicted...CONVICTED terrorist in a backroom deal that has led to another $30.8 million paid out for three others who say they were wrongfully detained.
He spent $4.5 billion on a 65-year-old pipeline, and now the courts have ruled it shut down. Now it's back on (at a delay cost of $250 million) - a good investment for Canada he said? (And KM uses that money to build a pipeline in Texas)
He pressured Jody Wilson Raybould repeatedly & INAPPROPRIATELY with several different high ranking officials to offer SNC Lavalin a DPA instead of prosecution for repeated & sustained corruption AFTER the former AG had determined they were ineligible for such a deal. He lied about the above having ever taken place.
He replaced Canada’s old F-18s with Australia’s old F-18s.
His bizarre love of all things Castro.
He imposed tough regulations and taxes on oil from Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland but not oil from Saudi Arabia.
Every new project has to undergo strict environmental assessments...except cement plants in Quebec.
He said that a proposed pipeline must consider “the intersection of sex and gender with other identity factors” (what does that even mean???)
He think's older Canadians should be replaced. How is -that moral?
He chased foreign companies (and their investment capital) out of the country like they have the plague.
He chased our WW1 soldiers out of our national anthem... lest we forget.
He continuously use's identity politics...then complain's about identity politics.
He called small business owners “tax cheats”.
People voice concern over money spent on illegal immigration and he call's them intolerant racists.
We have an equalization program, but he give's half of it to one province.
He spent $8 million on a skating rink (vanity project) when Canada's largest skating rink is 500 meters -away.
He added tens of billions to the national debt while lying to Canada's face about it.
He groped a woman and when caught - laughed about it (MacLean's interview) and said she experienced it differently.
He elbowed a female MP while dragging another MP by the arm in a petulant huff.
He renamed Fishermen to "Fisher-folk"
People kind? (international embarrassment)
He sputtered a bunch of gobblygook about 'water boxes sort of ahh thingys ahh water not bottles but ahhh boxes thingys ahh' when caught in a lie about water bottles.
He got India to invest $250 million in Canada but we have to invest $750 million in India first.
He compared returning ISIS terrorists to Italian immigrants and said they will be an extraordinarily powerful voice for Canada.
He let terrorists keep their Canadian citizenship.
He spent $212,234 on the artwork for the cover of the 2017 budget report.
He spent upwards to $348,000 on food and alcohol in five flights on our government’s plane. On his G20 trip to Argentina, he spent $103,000 on food and alcohol alone. How is that even possible?
He gave Canadian taxpayers' money to Hamas.
He took 10 vacations in a single year. Who does this??
He spent a little over $1.5 million on the trip to India that did nothing but worsen ties. Plus paid over $17,000 to bring an Indian chef to India to cook Indian cuisine. And to top it off, invited a convicted attempted assassin to a dinner and posed for pics with him.
He is the only PM convicted of MULTIPLE ethics violations.
He allegedly destroyed the career of one of Canada’s honest military leaders to cover up possible massive government corruption in shipbuilding contracts.
He invited Joshua Boyle, an alleged perpetrator of sexual assault and unlawful confinement for a photoshoot in the Office of the Prime Minister.
He offered over $600 million dollars in subsidies to failing mainstream media outlets if they can prove to be trustworthy. He put a union who vows to destroy your opposition in charge of selecting these new “trusted” sources to receive funding. He could school the Russians in election interference.
He paid off friends to engage in election ads for him and got Elections Canada to pay for it.
He gave $200 million to Loblaws for new refrigerators despite them reporting record profits.
He made public statements of deep admiration for Chinese communism.
He wore preposterous, inappropriate costumes during a state visit to India, paid for by Canadians.
He was instrumental in handing WE almost $1 billion for work that could be done by regular already established operations...his mother and brother received over $300,000 from WE for short speeches that normally do not receive payment.
And now he invokes the emergencies act to storm troop peaceful demonstrators because of his arrogance and ineptitude in dealing with them in a normal, respectful way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread