Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
So as most of you appear not to be aware of ;) we have had a calendar feature for a while on CCF.

I'm now working on a simplified total rewrite of our calendar in another desperate attempt to get you fine members to start using it when listing out your events. This is obviously too late for this year's Summer time fun but hopefully we can be first to feature a national hibernation event and pen down next year's calendar.

Calendar will be rolling in shortly and will replace the current calendar. We will still have event threads but in future we will force users to enter calendar events which will create the appropriate Event thread.

So as most of you appear not to be aware of ;) we have had a calendar feature for a while on CCF.

I'm now working on a simplified total rewrite of our calendar in another desperate attempt to get you fine members to start using it when listing out your events. This is obviously too late for this year's Summer time fun but hopefully we can be first to feature a national hibernation event and pen down next year's calendar.

Calendar will be rolling in shortly and will replace the current calendar. We will still have event threads but in future we will force users to enter calendar events which will create the appropriate Event thread.
The whole idea is to not only get more participation but also so that more people can become aware of what is going on in their area/region and then have the option of participating. You can't be a part of something that you don't know is happening. It doesn't matter if it is only five people/couples. If others in the area are aware of some Friday evening get together at the local dinner then that might turn in to 8 or 10 couples.
A good chance to meet other like minded people (Corvette lovers) and maybe plan some day trips together.
All for this Nik.
IMHO

I will admit to not knowing anything about the calendar option. But, if you create a calendar event, can you set it to message people in a region with a pop-up or something, to let them know they are not alone... :bag:

Reactions: ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread