Mar 20, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005 Z51
Province
BC
Hey everyone - I was an 8 year + owner of a 1995 Viper RT/10, and just traded it in for a 2005 Corvette Convertible Z51 6 SPD (34,000 kms). Absolutely LOVE this car! Unfortunately, the radiator needs to be replaced (NOT happy - as it happened months later after the trade). Curious if anyone has done this job already, and at what cost?

As well, it has a Borla Muffler which sounds great... please don't judge me negatively for asking, but any input on anyone else with a C6 removing their Cat Converters for a louder/throatier sound? Might be a dumb question/move to do, but thanks in advance for any pro's or con's doing this?

Looking forward to summer cruisin' in my new Vette!

Just did it last year and I have the identical car. Only thing is an additional 100k. I had to replace the condenser as that is in front of the radiator. it was plugged solid and most fins bent. The rad was filled but it was able to be cleaned and replaced. The cost was $1,000 for replacing the condenser, cleaning the rad and all labor. Car is much quieter and the fan hardly runs now. Be sure the company you have doing it has done it before. The rads come out the bottom of the car and you do not have to remove the front end of the car.
I'm buying a Novistretch bra protect the condenser and rad going forward. Good luck in getting the work done.

Rocky' s cost sounds good on the condenser. Off the top of my head they run about $252.00 plus tax for a GM factory condenser. There is aftermarket but they aren't that much cheaper...think around $200.00. I forget the cost on the rad but you may even want to look for a used low miler of of car-part.com? from something that was rear ended or side swiped.

Reactions: Yellow C6 Z51
If you want throatier sound, just finish the exhaust with some ARH 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" long tubes and some high flow cats and this thing will bark at the moon! Then dynontune. Whole new car. Can do a CAI if you want too.

Reactions: Yellow C6 Z51
I chose to go high flow versus no cats just because I didnt want to smell the car. They work great. Also tell your coil wires to put their socks on if you get some long tubes. Can even do plugs and wires and a catch can(a must for me anyways) while you're there if your wallet is too heavy.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I chose to go high flow versus no cats just because I didnt want to smell the car. They work great. Also tell your coil wires to put their socks on if you get some long tubes. Can even do plugs and wires and a catch can(a must for me anyways) while you're there if your wallet is too heavy.
Do you have a video of your exhaust sound by any chance?

Have same car. '05, Z51, M6. (coupe though) and can't comment on any rad issues but can on exhaust as I've been both ways. Went with LG lt's and tried it without cats, hated it. Got to quantify that statement with the fact that I grew up, and am still, drag racing in Pro and super Pro classes. Exhaust blowing right at me at times. The fumes coming off of the 'vette with no cats was ridiculous. Difficult to run for even minimal time in garage and even walking behind outside while running was not pleasant. Not fair to anyone around it. Went with Hi-flo's and much better. Made no noticeable difference to sound either. Good luck. Enjoy your new ride.
Garth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread