Corvince

Casual User
You're 5
Jun 6, 2016
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
1989 Corvette Coupe
Just had the Ac compressor and dryer replaced on my 1989. It runs great, nice and cool in this 35 degree weather we’ve been having. “But”, all of a sudden, after running well for a few hours, the compressor begins clicking on and off every second. The climate control panel also clicks and flashes the Auto and whatever setting it was set to on the opposite panel. Both lights flash in unison with the compressor turning off and on. This continues even with the key turned off. It will stop if you unplug the pressure switch, but comes back on when switch reconnected. Disconnecting the battery is the only way to reset everything. Then all is well again until this happens again.
Anyone have this problem before?
Thanks all.

did you figure out what the problem is ? To see if it is the pressure switch you can pull the plug and connect the pins with a wire, the compressor will run all the time. I do this for easy quick fill of freon. Now if still cycles on and off like before then problem has got to be in the control panel. A compressor won't do that on its own. Low on freon can cause the cycling too but you say it blows cold so I don't see that being it. My guess on the problem.

Thanks. I’ll give that a try. The compressor is new but you never know. It could be faulty. I did replace the control panel a year ago. Some of the screen pixels were out.
The only things not replaced are the pressure switch and having a reflash of the ecu. I’ve heard that this needs to be reprogrammed sometimes when certain components are replaced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread