Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
Here’s another new one waiting for you in Calgary. Nice black vert with an M7
For sale brand new. No auction.

The video was posted today. I asked Shaun about it and he confirmed the price. $219,995.00

1531282861174.jpeg

1531282902001.jpeg

1531282967967.jpeg

1531283015285.jpeg

1531283050458.jpeg

1531283080680.jpeg

I like it in black. Checked my bank account..... nope.

I subscribe to Envision Autos YouTube channel so I get notifications when Shaun gets a corvette in. Today I saw this car in black with the 7 speed and almost needed the paddles.
Michelle said “wow your dream car.. buy it.” Before I could say “Ah... ok” she looked closer and grabbed her hair and said awe it’s a convertible.. too bad”
So no for me too. Shaun wants a pretty price for it but at least he’s straight up with it; not trying to sleeze it up with an auction.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Awesome look Car and oh soooo close to me for putting my finger print on …. $220k … wait … what ?
An impulsive Buyer needed? I don't quite understand the pricing unless "we" are looking
for a Buyer who cannot wait for a Factory Build and has a few $10's of k's that doesn't
matter. I'm not spending much time looking at this today as I need to pack for MITM.
It's just an odd thing that has caught my attention this morning …. I'm curious :Wideyed:
Cash part of the RRSP in, get one of these, quick sell for about $50k more … reinvest or repeat venture.
Then write a book on RRSP investing … hmmm … I know this would not be my fortune though
because I would keep the car …. argh :Banghead:
waitwhat.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I hope it sits there for a few months, gouging any way you look at it imo. To each his own I guess, if you have unlimited cash or limited patience.

What you don’t understand is Shaun didn’t pay the MSPP for it either. He somehow got the car (details not important) and put a for sale sign on it. This car is pricey yes but any ZR1 that’s available is the same or more. The only guys that got them for less that 200K are the ones that got the dealership allocations. And that was a greasy process in most cases where the customers were basically adding dollars to the offer until the dealership smiled and said ok. “Let’s get the build started”. That’s what I faced and finally opted out after a few meetings.
For sure the car by any practical definition is not worth that many $$ but if you don’t want to wait for a year or 2 till the hype goes down and there are more C7 ZR1s available... that’s the price.
It was very similar on a smaller $ scale when the Z06 came out in 15. I got caught up in that one... however the next year Shaun had one at a fair price and I grabbed it.

Nothing against him personally, I just don't think any car should sell over sticker price but I guess its whatever the market will bear. I do understand though, been in the business for 29 years and counting. (and it's like dog years so 203) haha

Last edited:
Nothing against him personally, I just don't think any car should sell over sticker price but I guess its whatever the market will bear.

On that I agree Dan. It's very bizarre and frustrating to be bidding over MSRP on a Chevy.
:rofl:

As far as Shaun goes; yes he is in business to make money but having dealt with him personally; I like many others know he is a straight up guy who loves Corvettes and knows the cars intimately. Anything he sells is good... or he won't have it there.

So are you not heading down there today to trade your white beauty in on the black beast?

Ya...me either. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Dantanman
I was able to stop in there just before noon and there was no ZR1 to be seen on the lot. Although,he does have 10 other Corvettes there.

Nice! Until you realize you can buy a brand new winter beater Corvette to go along with the ZR1 for the cost of the mark up. Yikes that is a lot of dough over MSRP!

Gorgeous car! I just find it sad I can't afford just the mark up over MSRP. :rofl:

I can afford the mark up over MSRP..... but not the car itself! :)

B

The ZR1 is awesome. +$200K awesome? Nope. I get a little frustated when i see the way Canadian Corvette enthusiasts are gouged...... The process shouldn't be "greasy" i don't believe in rewarding questionable business practices. Is it a $160K car? $33K more than MSRP on my Z06/07?.....hmmmm.....yeah...its close. With a dual clutch gearbox....absolutely. As is with the A8? The only thing i would improve on my Z06 didn't get changed.....that's not good enough. Bring on the C8 please.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and Dantanman
Here’s another new one waiting for you in Calgary. Nice black vert with an M7
For sale brand new. No auction.

The video was posted today. I asked Shaun about it and he confirmed the price. $219,995.00

View attachment 18032
View attachment 18033
View attachment 18034
View attachment 18035
View attachment 18036
View attachment 18037

Awesome pics - beautiful car - looks like priced way over MSRP though. No way would I spend that kind of money on a vette. For that kind of money you buy some very nice, all be it, used super cars with minimal mileage on them.

Reactions: ccltj and Cruzin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.