Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
20170810_144701_002.jpg
Last month there was a post on rocks that get between the rear quarter panel on the C6. As I had two C6s I replied that I never had an issue with this and didn't know of anyone that did.
Well now I do have an issue on my C7 with rocks in between the rear quarter panel. I removed them with a very small pick and they were really wedged in there.
Has any one else experienced this issue?

No issues to date yet. I try to stay off the gravel roads if I can at all avoid to however. My side skirts and enhanced splash guards also help, as well as changing over to Continental DWS06 tires.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I only drive on paved roads, but obviously these little pebbles are finding there way into this seam.

Dennis. As much as you try. You can't avoid the general crap on our roads. The sweeper guys here did a 6.5 maybe 7 for 10 this spring We've got roads here that were swept in apr/may and they're "pebbly" already. What we need is rain every 3/4 days. And a good dump of it consistently. If not,It's going to find its way these cracks and probably other places.

Reactions: gtrman73
Well I have said many times to many people that there is a way to keep pebbles, bugs, rock chips in the windshield, rock chips in the paint and dirt on the tires. Leave it covered up in the garage. What fun would that be. We both enjoy this car and appreciate it, but it needs to be driven to be enjoyed. I always admire owners who will put on 100,000 kms on their baby and have many stories to tell about the miles they drove. What a great way to go through life " Enjoying the Ride"

I always admire owners who will put on 100,000 kms on their baby and have many stories to tell about the miles they drove. What a great way to go through life " Enjoying the Ride"

Amen brother !! In 4 summers I've added 56,780 throughout western Canada. (So far)

Last edited:
I have not seen this yet on the C6 or C7s. But I'm going to be looking now.
I cringe when I get out of the main traffic lane or go up an alley and hear all the boulders coming off the tires bouncing on the car. Remember the wheel wells are carpeted so we are hearing the rocks hitting paint!
:Cryin:

View attachment 10671 Last month there was a post on rocks that get between the rear quarter panel on the C6. As I had two C6s I replied that I never had an issue with this and didn't know of anyone that did.
Well now I do have an issue on my C7 with rocks in between the rear quarter panel. I removed them with a very small pick and they were really wedged in there.
Has any one else experienced this issue?

I checked mine today and so far so good. I drive 2 km of gravel every time my car comes out and again when I come home... 15 kph...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.