Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
New corner lights for the Corvette!
I really like this update and wanted to change them for a loooooong time as my old ones were clouded and cracked from rocks.

I opted for the cheapest set from George at Radio Flyer Innovations which were the clears with white reflectors, and I liked the most anyway......happy Fathers Day to me!

Anyway, Super Run was here, so no better excuse for putting them in. I was going to take pictures of how to install them but since I took my headlight shrouds out (a 5 minute job) so I could get them from the top, I didn't think it would help anyone. Anyway, it was actually pretty easy as the cornerlights are sandwiched into the side of the car with a bracket that swings out of the way with the removal of only two screws and a spring (two more screws hold the light to the bracket.

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

Exactly my thoughts. The old ones made the car look dated. They would probably look better with the polished wheels I used to have but now I'm just being picky.:D

So Riley you are saying my car looks dated and is essentially a POS????:Biggrin:

Well you could be correct, I am really amazed at how much of difference these lights make. I think I may just order some, the price seems to be more than reasonable but I am going to PM you to make sure I am looking at the same ones. You did say, I think, you would come and install them???:thumbs: The beer is cold and I make a mean prime rib and yorkshire pudding.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
So Riley you are saying my car looks dated and is essentially a POS????:Biggrin:

Well you could be correct, I am really amazed at how much of difference these lights make. I think I may just order some, the price seems to be more than reasonable but I am going to PM you to make sure I am looking at the same ones. You did say, I think, you would come and install them???:thumbs: The beer is cold and I make a mean prime rib and yorkshire pudding.

Now that would be a real treat!!! I freaking love prime rib and Yorkshires!

I wasn't going to say anything about your car Murray, but........ :D
I think the dated part with my car mostly revolved around how clouded my old lights were.....and how cracked they were. I've seen other C5's with the stock lights in good condition and haven't had the same reaction to those cars as I've had to mine.

As for the lights, I can send you the link. The only real hit to the pocket is the shipping ($50 US!!!) but everywhere I looked, if the shipping was reasonable, the lights were expensive and since I already have product on my car from George, I figured I would stick with him.

Murray...You had me at Yorkshire pudding!
I'll stop at Riley's place and get the scoop on the installation on the way.

Graham

Anytime Graham, you are always welcome!

Prime Rib and Yorkshire sounds great but I'm coming for the cold beer Murray.... And just in case, I know my way around tubes of JB Weld really well. It's surprising how easy installs can be using that stuff...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.