I usually don't get my cars out of winter storage until near the end of Feb/early March but this weekend I need to wake up my ZR1 (currently stored in my 2 car garage but in the middle).

I need to move it more over to one side so I can better maneuver my newly purchased scissor lift into position and finish setting it up and getting it running.

No more Quickjack for me and this lift is much more robust and I am looking forward to using it to do all my auto maintenance.

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_122246.jpg
    IMG_20220129_122246.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20220129_143207.jpg
    IMG_20220129_143207.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Car is moved over, scissor lift is kinda in position but might need to move more forward I'll figure that out tomorrow when I start the completion of getting it working. The plan is to keep the ZR1 parked where it is now during the summer months and I can put another car inside over the lift to work on it so I don't have to pull the Vette out just to get a car in for maintenance.

When it's time to park the ZR for winter storage I'll move the lift more in the middle and put the car up kinda where it was now before I had to move it to get the lift to the position it is now.

So what exactly did I purchase to replace my QJ 7000SLX? I bought a Stratus SAE MS9000X scissor lift. 9000lbs capacity and it came with a set of low rise approach ramps so I don't mangle my splitter when driving up over it.

I watched this video numerous times before deciding to get this particular lift. The scissor lift in the video is basically exactly the same as mine the only difference is that I have an extra 4" of space between platforms (2" on each side).

Attachments

• IMG_20220210_153304.jpg
    IMG_20220210_153304.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: 12cents and WPGZ06
The lift is working but I have some minor "kinks" I gotta sort out so once that is done I'll do a video.

1 thing, it goes up nice but when u lower the lift it goes down really slow and kinda jerky. Manual says to raise and lower lift about 3 times with no load but with no weight on the platforms it takes forever to lower and again kinda jerky.

Normal till I get a car on it? Input please.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.