Jul 15, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 Lemans
dsFeaS9.jpg

Hi guys. My name is Nick from Calgary :)
I noticed this piece missing from my bumper. Called a few local dealerships parts department and shockingly they have no idea what the part is. Does anyone know what the part is? Or better yet even a part number. :) I have a c6 2007 Convertible.
Thanks in advance

2007frontend.jpg
Hello ... not an expert but I love a riddle and finding needles in haystacks ...
would this Front End Schematic give a hint of what part we are working with ...
and then hunt for that part with hopes of finding the piece ??? Cheers

Last edited:
View attachment 10049

Hello ... not an expert but I love a riddle and finding needles in haystacks ... would this 2007 Front End Schematic give a hint of what part we are working with ... and hunt for that part with hopes of finding the piece ??? Cheers

Hey Spence,

Thats the diagram for a C5 not a C6. :thumbs:

That kinda looks like part of the aftermarket grill mount and perhaps not a factory piece?

Reactions: Shayne
Hey Spence,

Thats the diagram for a C5 not a C6. :thumbs:

That kinda looks like part of the aftermarket grill mount and perhaps not a factory piece?
Rats! Right "needle" but wrong "haystack" ... it's now reference material for you with hope you'll never need it ... darn other Corvette Forum :Mad5:

Thanks guys for offering to help :) Here is a breakdown of the bumper of the C6. But for the life of me If a fresh set of eyes can find it below. I can't see the part. To the best of my knowledge, the bumper and grille is factory unless I am wrong
4xsrOWx.jpg

eTYHvMQ.jpg

To me that does not look like a factory piece, it looks like a piece of the insert. If I was home I would take a picture of the front of my car to show what I mean. You might have to contact the manufacturer of the insert to get a replacement.

BTW, the car looks stunning sitting there in your driveway

That is not a factory grill, I have the same style, and I know for sure mine isn't factory.

Curious if this would it be anything to do with a front license plate add on piece?
As we are in Alberta and we don't need to worry about having a front plate, I am told it is hard to buy a New car from an Alberta Dealership sight-unseen now that is swapped with a Dealership outside of Alberta where front license plates are mandatory. Some of these swapped new cars arrive here with modifications already made for a front license plate and it can't be changed back.
I don't know but it just seems to be in the spot where the plate would be (not knowing your front-plate-needed history)

BTW - awesome looking Corvette you have there - thanks for the full shot photos of it (the front nose just didn't do it all for me)
Hoping for good fortune for you in this search ... Cheers!

IMG_1944.JPG
This is the factory grill insert on the Z06,Coupe and Verts,at least all the ones I've seen. I've seen what's on C6 LeMans Blues car on other Corvettes and I think it's aftermarket.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!!!
The car looks fantastic!
As mentioned, could be part of the billet grill insert. Contact Corvette Central or West Coast Corvettes and see if they have either diagrams or Installation guides that they could provide to you. Hopefully that would show the missing piece.

Thanks for the help guys, the very warm welcome and for the compliments. I really appreciate it. :) I apologize for the delay responding. I looked around but couldn't find a grill insert that looked like mine. I would love to contact the aftermaket manufacturer to see if I can source out that one part. Is Billets the company that makes the insert? I searched google for front grills and none looked like mine :(

I had the same grill on my C6. You have lost one of the rubber bumpers. You may be able to get a replacement bumper, but if the grill is securely attached you don't really need them. My rubber bumpers were installed on top of the billet grill, and you couldn't even see them unless you were basically laying on the ground.
Link to your billet grill.
05-13 Polished Aluminum Billet Grill

Thanks so much for the link Grundy, I really appreciate the help :)

Thanks for the compliment Black03Z06 :) I really do like the grill too. Hopefully I can the missing rubber bumper to make it look whole again.

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome to the board. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the local or regional meets soon :)

Nice colour! Here's a pic of my grill. Car came out of California originally. The other pic has my friend's 68 charger. 57,000 mile survivor.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    868 KB · Views: 7
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.