Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
look I own a truck to pull a camper, this corvette thingy is new to me, I sold my last corvette rather than buy some detailing stuff and now have a C7

looking at this type of stuff

1. McKee's 37 Complete Wheel/Tire Cleaning & Coating Kit new kit for tire stuff

2. McKee’s 37 Total Interior Detail Bag Kit Holiday Special! I LIKE THIS ONE AND THINK I MAY BUY IT AS IT HAS A NEAT BAG ALSO

3. WATERLESS KIT FOR WASHING AFTER I GET IT HOME FOR MTHE CAR WAND WASH oops capital letters,

bought a girot detail bag yesterday from auto obsessed, and will get the creeper for doing wheels and lower stuff on the cars,

so the question is who has a website for buying detail supplies, auto obsessed has all kinds of stuff but I know little about taking care of a car,

here is what I know so far and have decided on the following

a. blackfire wax for doing the car in the spring as I have not done it yet since new too scared I guess,

b. wheel kit is needed

c. interior kit is needed

d. waterless kit as above is needed,

I am overwhelmed by the selection in auto obsessed and feel like I have to spend a lot of money or the car looks like a used VW bug,

so who has kits on line I see the corvette central is a sponsor but I kind of refuse to pay UPS brokerage fees and exhorbitant shipping form the USA so it is united states postal service ground shipping or nothing (or whatever they call it now)

thoughts Jeff

Ok kidding above... kind of.

You are right Jeff. It is a dogs breakfast trying to figure all that out.
I think we all have shelves full of stuff accumulated through trial and error.
Then we read the posts and get some more.
I have a few products that are available at any auto parts stores or the usual huge retailers that I can just go and buy off the shelf. As time goes on I am narrowing down what I like the best and just use that.
Sure now and then there is a great product rolled out here I will try and keep using if it’s convenient to get.
I just spent some time reading the detailers blogs and soon threw that idea away as there are preferable products for them too.
Basically get the ABC rules and choose what you like.

Good luck.

carzilla.ca sells high end polish and cleaners. I buy a lot of stuff from them and have yet to be disappointed. some of the stuff that you can buy through the larger automotive works great, some not so go. It's really a trial by error thing. I'd buy sometimes then end up throwing the stuff away.
Good luck Jeff.

76C1B75E-7AEF-4A03-BBD4-BCFFD8F689F7.jpeg
8CEDDA6D-4D28-4250-8C0B-79243F7AA5ED.jpeg
Can’t really go wrong with the Mothers products Jeff. I’ve got no complaints from the 3 times we’ve done mine at Spence’s place. That’s a 100,000 kilometre shine there.

303 products are great in several areas. the vinyl and rubber protectant is excellent. And does not contain petroleum distillates like Armour all.
It does not have a high gloss shine like some products.
The fabric guard is great for those folks with convertible tops.
Both products have a UV barrier
You can typically find these products in most marine and RV stores.
Give 303 a try.....well worth it.

Reactions: ddgermann
Adam's Product have worked well for me. They have a master dealer in Winnipeg and he does honour special pricing offered in the US market (dollars converted of course). Delivery was good.

I have used a lot of Meguiars products and been happy with them.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.