XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
If you read my other thread now know I own a 93 coupe . I'm in unfamiliar waters here with my new Black Rosie. Can anyone tell me what year these seats are from ? I was told that there once was a kit consisting of wheels and seats that made it look like a 96 ? The 17" wheels and seats say Collector Edition on them. Seats are rock hard leather, terrible to sit on. I may sew something up for them or look for the originals if they are softer ?

I also need a 93 owners manual, and the spare tire jack and wrench. Plus would like tinted door glass for both sides that are not all scratched. First time I see under the hood of a C4 , does this thing look stock ? I see a Hypertech decal on that box......is that original or is there possibly some mod done to it ? Thanks 4 any tips .

IM003062.JPG

IM003063.JPG

IM003089.JPG
IM003083.JPG
IM003085.JPG

IM003091.JPG

Last edited:
If you read my other thread now know I own a 93 coupe . I'm in unfamiliar waters here with my new Black Rosie. Can anyone tell me what year these seats are from ? I was told that there once was a kit consisting of wheels and seats that made it look like a 96 ? The 17" wheels and seats say Collector Edition on them. Seats are rock hard leather, terrible to sit on. I may sew something up for them or look for the originals if they are softer ?

I also need a 93 owners manual, and the spare tire jack and wrench. Plus would like tinted door glass for both sides that are not all scratched. First time I see under the hood of a C4 , does this thing look stock ? I see a Hypertech decal on that box......is that original or is there possibly some mod done to it ? Thanks 4 any tips .

View attachment 20762
View attachment 20763
View attachment 20764View attachment 20765View attachment 20766
View attachment 20767

Hypertech is a programmer that plugs in through the OBD and offers some various bundled PCM / ECM changes. It also allows you to increase or remove in some cases the speed limiter. Also allows shifting point adjustments and things like that. Your new car may or may not have the factory programming in it. I’ve never seen anyone put the sticker under the hood as it was standard practice to pull out the program and slide the factory one back in before any service work. Well this was warranty related mind you.
The box could only do one vehicle at a time as it held the factory program. Once a factory program was stored in it. That as we say, was that.
If you wanted to use it in a second vehicle you had to put the factory program back in the first one.
So if you didn’t get the programmer your factory set up could very well still be in it. Wherever it may be. Not a big deal though as the dealership can flash in a factory program for you in 10 minutes... if you want.

Hypertech is a programmer that plugs in through the OBD and offers some various bundled PCM / ECM changes. It also allows you to increase or remove in some cases the speed limiter. Also allows shifting point adjustments and things like that. Your new car may or may not have the factory programming in it. I’ve never seen anyone put the sticker under the hood as it was standard practice to pull out the program and slide the factory one back in before any service work. Well this was warranty related mind you.
The box could only do one vehicle at a time as it held the factory program. Once a factory program was stored in it. That as we say, was that.
If you wanted to use it in a second vehicle you had to put the factory program back in the first one.
So if you didn’t get the programmer your factory set up could very well still be in it. Wherever it may be. Not a big deal though as the dealership can flash in a factory program for you in 10 minutes... if you want.
I have a HYPERTECH programmer for an LT1 if anyone is interested.

Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks ddgermann , but that is mostly greek to me, never had anything like this . I can program the memory in pinball mpu's and stuff but know nothing about altering auto brains. Hope it stays running and don't stop on me.

Thanks ddgermann , but that is mostly greek to me, never had anything like this . I can program the memory in pinball mpu's and stuff but know nothing about altering auto brains. Hope it stays running and don't stop on me.

No problem. The car will be fine as the preset programming in these hypertech boxes was generally pretty safe.

If you want to check, I see Darrell has a programmer for sale. I’ve got a couple in the shed myself but they were for different engines. Pickups and Hummers.

They are easy to use and have good instructions if you decide to look further into it. 👍

Reactions: XFIRE82
perhaps you can help me on this one. I have a OB1 scanner, plugged it in, did what it asked like enter year, 8th vin digit , then try read codes but all it did was turn on the electric cooling fan for the radiator for a few seconds then fan stopped and I get a message on the scanner can not connect to check if key is on or the plug wiring. Totaly clued out what is going on here. Can that hypertech be causing this ? I have the 93 GM shop manual I think it has the reading codes procedure using the dash . I'll have to try the GM way. Not sure I want to learn this crap, I like lots of carburetors under the hood and tune with a screw driver not this electronic gadgetry .

Hummmm. Not sure on that one. I suppose it’s possible your code reader may be blocked out by the aftermarket programming but honestly don’t know as I’ve never tried a code reader with the Hypertech program in.
There has to be a bunch of C4 guys here who know what’s going on though. @Darrellg1

Thanks 4 the info. I will play with this later when have time. It ain't broke and seems to run like a maniac so will not touch it for now. The Service ASR light comes and goes on the display so have no idea what that is about yet, thus why I plugged in the scanner. Maybe I will learn this stuff if I try, but hard to teach a old school boy new stuff.....:Confused5:.......

Hummmm. Not sure on that one. I suppose it’s possible your code reader may be blocked out by the aftermarket programming but honestly don’t know as I’ve never tried a code reader with the Hypertech program in.
There has to be a bunch of C4 guys here who know what’s going on though. @Darrellg1
Hey guys....I doO know that if you want to pull codes the original eprom has to be in the computer, otherwise the info on a standard OBD1 reader is garbled and useless, when reading an uploaded tune thats not stock...

• Useful
These are 96’s Collector edition sports seats and wheels, very nice wheels on a C4, you can get the seats out easily and get them to a reupholsterer to get more stuff in there, they will get better, but stock 93 seats are different and not much more easy on your but, I have a OEM spare tire, jack and wrench, but I’m from Montreal so shipping on this will kill you, get yourself an inflate a flat can in the car in case, have a great weekend!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread