Can anyone tell me the height above the floor of the HTC hatch at it's highest point when open? Two measurements, one on the centre of the hatch and one where the nacelles are.
I need to know if I can put my top up and down while in my garage. My ceiling is a decent height but the garage door opener is quite a bit lower.

Word around the block is 7' 6" but if you're anywhere close to that I would be measuring before you try it...

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
81.5" ! That will give me 1/2" (12.6 mm) to put the HTC up/down under this (HD-9STX version):
There is room between the ramps (38" - 963 mm). I wonder if the HTC lid will squeeze in between.
Nevertheless, laser guided parking would likely be necessary.
Probably best to leave the lid on in the garage since it may be raining/snowing when exiting.
Decisions, decisions.

81.5" ! That will give me 1/2" (12.6 mm) to put the HTC up/down under this (HD-9STX version):
There is room between the ramps (38" - 963 mm). I wonder if the HTC lid will squeeze in between.
Nevertheless, laser guided parking would likely be necessary.
Probably best to leave the lid on in the garage since it may be raining/snowing when exiting.
Decisions, decisions.
The ramps on my lift has barely over 6 feet clearance when up so the top would never open under it.
You need an 11 foot celling to be able to lift the car high enough to get that 6 feet if you are parking a car above it.

The ramps on my lift has barely over 6 feet clearance when up so the top would never open under it.
You need an 11 foot celling to be able to lift the car high enough to get that 6 feet if you are parking a car above it.
I have a 12 ft ceiling height so there is lots of vertical room. The garage door opener just has to be changed to a side mount style with the rails moved up higher; like this:

I have a 12 ft ceiling height so there is lots of vertical room. The garage door opener just has to be changed to a side mount style with the rails moved up higher; like this:
Interesting design. Have you priced one?

The issue is not the ceiling. The issue is the standard door rails and opener hang at either 7 or 8 feet depending on your door size. I don't understand your problem with the roof. With the lift on the ground you have lots of room to operate the roof. With the lift raised you will not. The side opener with raised rails clears the overhang from the standard rails and standard opener, giving you full use of the height.

The great thing about 12 foot ceilings is you can extend your lift to max height and get larger vehicles underneath. Notice no rails or opener. on the first pic you can see the opener on the top far side of the door.
1623DD1F-D5D7-4A23-A1F2-13DF4E4A390B.jpeg
1F9DFBFE-7C24-4EB0-9DC6-2A616C47378E.jpeg
D5CE4DE5-31D6-4482-B19F-0F1EB16A750D.jpeg

You can buy an extension to raise the opener higher than the top of the door or go with a Jack shaft opener

Attachments

• F4E98E12-3825-41A6-809F-40A1D2569E70.jpeg
    F4E98E12-3825-41A6-809F-40A1D2569E70.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 17
  • F59BB01E-F8DD-4048-92B1-47A900D1193D.jpeg
    F59BB01E-F8DD-4048-92B1-47A900D1193D.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: JR410
I kick myself for not buying a third door when they were a special buy by Homedepot. I put 2 at the back of my barn but really would like one at the front now that I know how easy it is to raise the door height. Even if I was to disable that door when a car was on the hoist. I have swinging doors on it, but the jam on the ground when it freezes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.