Having only been with my current insurance since last year and getting a decent rate on my 3 cars and house the current company in their infinite wisdom decided to jack the premium for the ZR1 over 100% when I want to bring it out on the road next month.

So I am looking for another company to insure all 3 cars and my home, leads appreciated and this is for the location of GTA.

Tony

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
I'm assuming that TD Meloche Monnex (TD Insurance; aka: Security National) sells product in Ontario. You don't ID who you're dealing with but if not them, then perhaps ask TD for a quote. I just renewed my vehicle insurance with TD and there was an increase but certainly nothing approaching "over 100%". I've been with TD for over 40 years. When I mentioned I was going to shop around, they gave me a 5% discount for the first time EVER. Perhaps the length of time with them influenced that...or the fact I've got not only 3 vehicles, but also a home policy and umbrella policy. Good luck!

We are with Cooperators. Home and three vehicles. Reasonable on both home and auto. I am paying $1200 per year on the C8 with $500 deductible/2 million liability/full comp and with replacement value on collision coverage. I also shave about $300 off that when I cancel the collision coverage over the winter months.

I was with Statefarm and they were fantastic! Made out like a bandit when I rolled my car. They sold their Canadian outfit to Certis / Desjardin who I stayed with. Rates seem decent. Never hurts to ask for a quote.
And NEVER EVER go with a bank for insurance! Bankers are money grubbing scumbags who will do whatever it takes to avoid paying for anything! (Present company excluded lol)

Reactions: OL Yeller
OH and avoid Allstate also. Was with them for 20 years and when I got my First Camaro their quote was insane and they would do nothing for me. So I went to Statefarm and never looked back. Wish Statefarm didn't sell, but it is what it is. Haven't heard anything bad about Certis / Desjardin

Having only been with my current insurance since last year and getting a decent rate on my 3 cars and house the current company in their infinite wisdom decided to jack the premium for the ZR1 over 100% when I want to bring it out on the road next month.

So I am looking for another company to insure all 3 cars and my home, leads appreciated and this is for the location of GTA.

Tony
We switched from our long term brokerage to Co-operators a couple of years ago for auto & home insurance...saved quite a bit. Do you have any business partnerships through your work? I'm retired now but my employer was linked up with The Personal...they were quite good also.

I am with Zenith insurance currently. Last year went with them cause the rate was good especially on the ZR1. My total policy on the ZR was like $910/year with replacement value insurance for 3 more years with them. The only bad thing was my deductible was high ($10k per claim) to get that annual rate. From Nov. to current while parked for winter storage it costs me $15/month.

This year I call them to see what the policy cost with everything staying the same and it went up to almost $2100/year with no changes................that's insane for a car that basically sits in my garage 5-6 days a week during the summer and I mostly drive it on the highway just to keep things running.

Last edited:
I am with Broker Link/Intact with a group coverage policy with the Canadian Professional Sales Association on both cars and our home/boat. They saved me over $1k last year with great service. Just my opinion.

Seeing as you're not using your ZR1 on a daily basis, you might want to consider putting it on a collector car policy. The premium for this type of policy is typically based on the appraised value of the vehicle. There are some usage restrictions such as the number of km's allowed each year and not driving the vehicle to and from work. I have several vehicles on this type of policy and found the cost is much less than having each of them on a regular policy (liability, collision and comprehensive coverage).

Tony

Sorry, I received a notification that highlighted "jack". I have no input...

Seeing as you're not using your ZR1 on a daily basis, you might want to consider putting it on a collector car policy. The premium for this type of policy is typically based on the appraised value of the vehicle. There are some usage restrictions such as the number of km's allowed each year and not driving the vehicle to and from work. I have several vehicles on this type of policy and found the cost is much less than having each of them on a regular policy (liability, collision and comprehensive coverage).

I looked up your location.................and I'm assuming you are with Hagerty collector insurance???

Let's just say Hagerty insurance here in the GTA is stupid for rates compared to maybe where you are. I have called them before on my car and no I'm not paying $5k/year for them to dictate to me when, where, and how much mileage I can put on my car to get an agreed value if it gets destroyed. My policy now at least allow me to keep the removal of depreciation clause so I get full replacement value if something happens and causes a total loss.

You guys that live in the boonies have all the luck with car insurance.

Currently on the phone with various companies checking rates........................getting somewhere with it ATM

I looked up your location.................and I'm assuming you are with Hagerty collector insurance???

Let's just say Hagerty insurance here in the GTA is stupid for rates compared to maybe where you are. I have called them before on my car and no I'm not paying $5k/year for them to dictate to me when, where, and how much mileage I can put on my car to get an agreed value if it gets destroyed. My policy now at least allow me to keep the removal of depreciation clause so I get full replacement value if something happens and causes a total loss.

You guys that live in the boonies have all the luck with car insurance.

Currently on the phone with various companies checking rates........................getting somewhere with it ATM
My broker is TSG (in Calgary) and the policy is with Intact Insurance. Not sure how the rates in Alberta (Edmonton area) would compare with those in the GTA.

I was disqualified from their Mature Discount when I went for my interview. #STAYTRUETOYOURSELF...

It was only like 4 bucks a month and I made the kid uncomfortable when I faked pooping my pants and asked about Interior Restoration Insurance...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.