Aug 21, 2019
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2011 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
Does anyone know where to get a repair done on a climate control unit preferreablly in the gta. Or where I can purchase a new one. Mine is acting up - not working at all at times. And at times working - pain when it’s 32 degrees c outside.

Area Z51

Regular
Nov 12, 2009
Awards
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • 10 Years
  • C6
  • You're 5
  • You're a Regular
It's most likely a cold solder joint on the circuit board. It's a bone of contention for sure.
An electronic place may be able to find the cold joint and fix it.
It can also be a DIY for you.

Any Gm parts place can order you a new one, or get a used one at a salvage place for Corvettes.

Good Luck

rfh928

Regular
Sep 25, 2019
Awards
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray M7
Province / State
Ontario
  • You're Liked
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • C7
  • Ontario
Does anyone know where to get a repair done on a climate control unit preferreablly in the gta. Or where I can purchase a new one. Mine is acting up - not working at all at times. And at times working - pain when it’s 32 degrees c outside.
When I had my C5, I needed to swap out the temp control unit...went through Corvette Depot in Windsor...they had reconditioned units and took the old one back refunding a core charge. I was very happy with the experience...rebuilt unit worked perfectly and they were great to deal with...have bought a number of additional items from them since.

Blk Grand Sport

Casual User
Aug 21, 2019
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2011 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
Thank you gentlemen - I think i would like mine repaired. So I will go the cold solider route. Just need to find a reliable electronics guy in gta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)