If you're feeling lucky and want a chance to win a new C8, the NCM is continuing its fund-raising raffles with the C8. The downside is for out-of-country (Canadian) residents: if you win, you can't get the actual vehicle but rather you must take a cash prize of US$60,000. But hey if you have a REALLY GOOD/HONEST FRIEND who resides in the USA, perhaps consider funding his/her ticket purchase on the understanding your friend will eventually transfer ownership of the C8 to you. The odds of winning are fairly good (especially for you regular lottery ticket purchasers) on the first two draws:

C8 ELB Coupe: US$100/ticket for 2,000 tickets with a May 29/20 draw date (hurry!!)

C8 Blade Silver Convertible: US$200/ticket for *1,500 tickets* with a June 18/20 draw date

C8 Torch Red Coupe: US$20/ticket for as many that are sold (unlimited tickets), with a September 5/20 draw date

The lucky winners get Museum Delivery and other nifty perks, so it's a dream come true if you're a US resident who wins...or a ton of fun if you accompany your REALLY GOOD/HONEST FRIEND who resides in the States when he/she wins with "your" ticket. :)

Or of course: take the cash and with the then current US/Can exchange rate, you'll have a hefty downpayment on a new C8.

Beware of potential tax consequences though, so read all the rules before you plunk down your hard earned cash.

You'll find more details on the NCM website. Good luck!

PS: if you do buy a ticket with a friend's help and win, I expect at least one ride in your new C8. :Cheers2:

Reactions: ddgermann
I have bought tickets on Corvette raffles in the past but Kentucky clarified the rules and tickets must be purchased IN the state of Kentucky. I think this law hurt the NCM raffles but they have to abide by the rules so your US friend MUST buy the ticket IN Kentucky to win a car. I hope the fine print on the NCM web site makes this clear.

Last edited:
As I read the rules, you only have to be in Kentucky to purchase a ticket on-line, due to their State regulations. You can still buy a ticket if you're not a Kentucky resident and if you're not physically in Kentucky. In the FAQ section and in response to these questions it says:

I AM NOT FROM KENTUCKY, BUT I AM PRESENTLY VISITING. CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS?
Yes, you may. You should be able to access online sales, or if you are in Kentucky, visit the museum to purchase.

I AM NOT IN KENTUCKY. CAN I SEND YOU MONEY OR CALL YOU TO PURCHASE A TICKET?
You can use the provided form to order tickets. We can not accept phone orders.

CAN I WIN THE CAR IF I'M NOT A US RESIDENT?
Our rules state that all non-US residents will be required to accept a cash option, even when a specific vehicle has been offered as the prize. Cash options are specified in the rules. Current GM dealer regulations do not allow a new US vehicle to be titled in the name and address of a non-US resident. Non-US residents are still eligible to participate in the raffles and to win the cash prize.

Now FOR SURE there will be a TON of Canucks buying tickets. :canada:

When I checked a moment ago, there were 565 of the 2000 tickets left for the first coupe draw that ends May 29 and almost 1100 of the 1500 tickets left for the convertible draw that ends on June 18. DON'T miss out!!! I'll ask that anyone trying let us all know how the story ends. :flaggame:

Reactions: ddgermann
Brief update:

-47 of the 2000 tickets still left for the first draw that ends May 29;
-964 of the 1500 tickets left for the convertible draw that ends June 18;
-new draw created for a Build-your-own Stingray or $60,000 cash: 1500 tickets @ $250 each; draw ends July 16 and there's 1495 tickets left.

Decisions, decisions...

Brief update:

-47 of the 2000 tickets still left for the first draw that ends May 29;
-964 of the 1500 tickets left for the convertible draw that ends June 18;
-new draw created for a Build-your-own Stingray or $60,000 cash: 1500 tickets @ $250 each; draw ends July 16 and there's 1495 tickets left.

Decisions, decisions...
One of each??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.