Now that GM is ending all production of "sedans" what happens to their involvement in NASCAR? Maybe they race something they build in China? I am curious about this.
Buick has been big in China. Perhaps they will build a sedan. A lot of the smaller, what they call SUVs, are actually nothing more than humped up 5 door sedans. People just have to tell everyone that they drive an SUV, so the manufacturers are throwing anything and everything out there to cover the market. GM is reportedly building four big new plants there. GM plans to add four more plants in China

Are you thinking of Ford? I have never heard of GM ending production of all cars. They announced several cancellations last week, but will still build a whole bunch.

Regardless of that, GM has been racing the Camaro in NASCAR, and I assume would continue to do so.

Funny the Camaro used to be called a "Late Model" and ran in ASA, Artgo and other race sanctioning bodies. Full size sedans were NASCAR racers. I guess my interest in that form of racing has diminished to the point that I have no idea what is going on. Wait, is that debris on the track?

Now that GM is ending all production of "sedans" what happens to their involvement in NASCAR? Maybe they race something they build in China? I am curious about this.
Once February's 2018 Daytona ended NASCAR was finally successful entertaining me again with the September 28th Roval race in Charolotte.
It didn't matter who won this Nascar inaugural race configuration and now I want to see a lot more of it. I hope roval racing grabs on - even if at the first race of the year.
Nascar also came to my mind with the ongoing of shenanigans from our beloved Big 3.
Thinking Electric in the future of Nascar … or worse yet autonomous …
now that's a real scary/hilarious thought …
but hey "Even I can be an autonomous Racecar Superstar" :joyful:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.