You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
My personal opinion on this professionally applied Ceramic coating is it is basically just another wax. I see very little difference from normal wax. I still wash and dry it the same, bugs still stick and are no easier to remove. Water spots are still an issue and fine scratches appear as they always did. Not blaming the installer, great guy, I just think it is very over hyped and over priced and would not do it again. Does it shine more? I don't think so, any brand new Black car with top quality wax is usually pretty shiny. Better off with just a good quality wax every few months and spend the money you saved on a paint correction (power polish) every season imo.

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_091857.jpg
    IMG_20190712_091857.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 37
My personal opinion on this professionally applied Ceramic coating is it is basically just another wax. I see very little difference from normal wax. I still wash and dry it the same, bugs still stick and are no easier to remove. Water spots are still an issue and fine scratches appear as they always did. Not blaming the installer, great guy, I just think it is very over hyped and over priced and would not do it again. Does it shine more? I don't think so, any brand new Black car with top quality wax is usually pretty shiny. Better off with just a good quality wax every few months and spend the money you saved on a paint correction (power polish) every season imo.

I actually coated half my windshield with the Ceramic coating and the other half with my favorite wax.
Could see no difference, even in how long they lasted.

Not that I seriously considered ceramic, but when I read up on it and discovered PPF is considerably better at protecting the paint from rock chips, that pretty much ceased any more investigation. And to remove a ton of PPF just to apply ceramic wouldnt be an option anyway. Wax, wax, and detailer.... I'm good.

Reactions: Dantanman
Not that I seriously considered ceramic, but when I read up on it and discovered PPF is considerably better at protecting the paint from rock chips, that pretty much ceased any more investigation. And to remove a ton of PPF just to apply ceramic wouldnt be an option anyway. Wax, wax, and detailer.... I'm good.
I didn't think it would stop rock chips either. I have PPF on front end. Going to do an old school Carnauba wax this week and see how that looks.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.