Jun 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
AB
Can someone explain to me the myChevy app? When I had my C7 I could get some vehicle stats - the tire pressure, fuel level, etc. I was also able to lock the doors, start the car, enter in am address and send it to the NAV system.
With my C8 the app does not seem to do anything. Before asking, no I am not subscribed to any of the OnStar plans, but shouldn't I still have some access to basic stuff like the ability to lock the doors, start the car, check the tire pressure? Dang my 5 year old Ford Escape let's me do this.
All I can see on the app is Vehicle Status - updating - see attached pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-202006.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-202006.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 257
There must have been a recent update. I have OnStar and I just checked and I get the same Vehicle Status screen and an invitation to join OnStar- which I’m already paying for. Last week I had everything that you mentioned.
With OnStar you get that stuff depending on your plan. With Chow mein you get Eggroll.
I wonder if the app is broken (uses Rogers) because it now has a (stupid) 2 stage authentication and refuses to actually send me an email with the code so I can't check what it does without OnStar

Hmm…I just tried it. Username and password is all it asked for.
1657642199573.png

Can someone explain to me the myChevy app? When I had my C7 I could get some vehicle stats - the tire pressure, fuel level, etc. I was also able to lock the doors, start the car, enter in am address and send it to the NAV system.

OnStar working ok for me as of noon on July 12. The features you are looking for are part of the base OnStar plan - IMO it is well worth the few bucks a month. You can get a better price than advertised by playing hard to get. Your Vette is an expensive and hard to obtain vehicle, the OnStar app allows you not only to lock, unlock, etc but to see where the car is in real time. With the top plan, OnStar can work with the cops to disable the car.

I see that GM is mandating (hmmm ... that word again) OnStar for 3 years for all new Buick and GMC vehicles starting in June 2022. Price $1500 for most vehicles on the list. Only a matter of time before it will be required for Chevy and Corvette. How's that for 'freedom' to purchase without options !!

All of you who responded have OnStar. The OP does not.
Can anyone who Does NOT subscribe to OnStar answer the question?
I'll try again, but it won't allow me to login with out the access code.
I was having a problem a while back. Turned out I was using the wrong email address. I think it was doing the same thing with an access code or clicking on all the images of cows in a field or something stupid like that. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
My OnStar app must have Covid cause it sure is acting sick. A couple of weeks ago it said I had no air in my rear tires when it sent me a text that I read on my Apple CarPlay. I panicked and pull over. Tires were just fine. I wish I had taken a screen shot but forgot to. Today it gives me a warning about one of my front tires. Not sure what the warning is about because all the tire pressures are perfect. And I'm paying for a defective app. Not the first couple of times I have had problems. Every update they do seems to make things worse. I did take the last screen shot. Maybe someone can tell me what it's trying to say other than it is stupid. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_7047.PNG
    IMG_7047.PNG
    79.6 KB · Views: 10
My OnStar app must have Covid cause it sure is acting sick. A couple of weeks ago it said I had no air in my rear tires when it sent me a text that I read on my Apple CarPlay. I panicked and pull over. Tires were just fine. I wish I had taken a screen shot but forgot to. Today it gives me a warning about one of my front tires. Not sure what the warning is about because all the tire pressures are perfect. And I'm paying for a defective app. Not the first couple of times I have had problems. Every update they do seems to make things worse. I did take the last screen shot. Maybe someone can tell me what it's trying to say other than it is stupid. LOL.
It's saying you have one orange front tire .... :Ack2:

maybe- “hey, you’re in Canada- use kPa!” 😂

I had problems with the app and had to delete and reinstall it a few months ago.
Didn't make any difference what the measurements were. I'm old school anyways. Hate the metric system. I also signed out and deletes the app and re installed it. That didn't work either, but low and behold today is normal and the car hasn't been moved since.

Attachments

• IMG_7054.PNG
    IMG_7054.PNG
    83.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7055.PNG
    IMG_7055.PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 4
Didn't make any difference what the measurements were. I'm old school anyways. Hate the metric system. I also signed out and deletes the app and re installed it. That didn't work either, but low and behold today is normal and the car hasn't been moved since.
It must have been written by Rogers! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: kerry4
Today I filled up the gas tank. App says I didn't. Also has the exact same tire pressure as when I left. Guess the tires didn't heat up at all. LOL. Since writing OnStar got no response I'm going to call them and ask for a rebate. Just like Rogers. Ha ha.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Called OnStar today since writing didn't do any good. Customer service sucks as much as the app. Still not working but they said they would look into it. I asked for a refund. She said they can't do that. The only way to get a refund is to cancel the plan. I said thats the next step if it doesn't work soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.