Today was the day I finally got the chance to put my C7 ZR1 on the Stratus lift that I purchased back in January. I had already used the lift a few times to do work on my other 2 cars (dailys for me and the GF) but the lift was basically bought for the purpose of lifting up my ZR to do work and to store it during winter storage.

Wasn't as bad as I thought driving it up onto the lift, this part I was worried about due to the low height of the car and the CF stuff down low (splitter and side skirts) but they cleared everything no problem. I might even consider parking the car over the lift when I drive into my garage and move it out if I need to put the other cars on it for maintenance work (just have to make sure I can get things done and not have a car stuck on the lift and leaving the Vette outside).

Check out the video:

Last edited:
As mentioned in the video it's on the lift because of the work I needed to do on it for the summer driving season. Got 2 of the 3 things done today...................oil & filter change + rear axle fluid change.

Tomorrow I'll finish up with my CF composite frame brace install, back in Dec. they were bolted on and I sorted out the 1 issue with one of the braces so tomorrow's job is to double check that particular brace and install the bolts that came with the braces (currently I reinstalled the OE bolts from the alum. braces). The bolts that I am installing have blue locktite tape applied to them so those are going on and instead of torquing them to the specified 74 ft./lbs of torque I'm going to torque them to a slightly lower spec (probably 65-68 ft./lbs). I'm not comfortable torquing them to the GM spec as I don't want to crunch the CF composite braces too much. They are now currently torqued to 60ft./lbs and I have driven the car and don't notice any issues so slightly more torque but below the spec will be fine.

Braces are done, torqued to 70 ft./lbs. I also marked all my drain plugs with a mark so down the road no need for a torque wrench to tighten them just tighten to the mark (they are torqued now to the proper specs).

Marked my lift also so next time I put the car on it just line up the door gap to the mark on the lift and the car will go up exactly where I had it this time. Still debating whether I want to move the lift near the middle or slightly more over where the ZR1 was parked and park over it from now on. That will mean I will be driving up the approach ramps, over the lift and landing the front wheels on the opposite side ramps still not sure if I really want to do that, I'll have to mull it over.

The King is ready for this driving season!!!!!!!

I did a complete video of my scissor lift lifting up and lowering the ZR1. The other video I did last year already had the car in the air and showing the lowering procedure.

Last week and a bit I had the car up in the air doing a M7 and rear diff fluid change so perfect time to do this video:

Won't be long before it's back up in the air for winter storage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.