Bruno Lair

I'm New Here
You're 5
Aug 4, 2015
Ottawa Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
On Saturday October 10, 2015 I finally took possession of my first corvette. I flew in to Toronto to pick up a 1993 green corvette coupe for a private seller on kijiji. On my way back to Ottawa I accidently ran out of gas just before the Bowmaville off ramp, how embarassing. With no option but to walk to a gas station I locked the vette and started my walk down the 401. I was not more than 500 feet from the vette when I heard a vehicle pull along side of me O.P.P. was the first thing that came to mind but to my surprise the vehicle was blue vette with a very nice couple aboard. They ask if I was the owner of the green vette behind them and what was the problem. I told them I had intended to get off at the exit to re-fuel but ran out gas. The gentleman told me to go back to my vette and he would go and get me some gas and returned in about 20 minutes. I did as instructed . In no time at all that blue vette pulled up behind with the driver standing with gas can in hand. I proceeded to pour the gas in the tank and asked the driver what I owned him and he answered it was is pleasure to help me out, we exchange where I was coming from and my final destination. He wished me luck and left.I then realise that being an owner of any year of corvette you are not only in a club but actually you part of a family where you don't leave a member stranded. Lesson learned and will never be forgotten.

Nice to hear when people do good deeds, especially at their own expense. A lot of people might do a good deed but expect pay back in one form or another. That is not doing a good deed. That is doing business. Most people are more than decent. Most Corvette owners wave back. Just a fun thing to do. I came from the muscle car world of Chevelles. I give the old cars the thumbs up when I meet them and that usually gets a smile. We're all car lovers as well or we wouldn't have the ones that we do.

Last edited:
That's awesome Bruno! Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting that great story! Glad your first Vette experience was a great one.
Throw up some pics of your new ride! We love pictures.

Welcome, i have noticed when i drive the vette people with one wave and you are right the car brings us all together.
looks like a nice 91 convertible for sale on kijiji Regina posted for 14000.

On Saturday October 10, 2015 I finally took possession of my first corvette. I flew in to Toronto to pick up a 1993 green corvette coupe for a private seller on kijiji. On my way back to Ottawa I accidently ran out of gas just before the Bowmaville off ramp, how embarassing. With no option but to walk to a gas station I locked the vette and started my walk down the 401. I was not more than 500 feet from the vette when I heard a vehicle pull along side of me O.P.P. was the first thing that came to mind but to my surprise the vehicle was blue vette with a very nice couple aboard. They ask if I was the owner of the green vette behind them and what was the problem. I told them I had intended to get off at the exit to re-fuel but ran out gas. The gentleman told me to go back to my vette and he would go and get me some gas and returned in about 20 minutes. I did as instructed . In no time at all that blue vette pulled up behind with the driver standing with gas can in hand. I proceeded to pour the gas in the tank and asked the driver what I owned him and he answered it was is pleasure to help me out, we exchange where I was coming from and my final destination. He wished me luck and left.I then realise that being an owner of any year of corvette you are not only in a club but actually you part of a family where you don't leave a member stranded. Lesson learned and will never be forgotten.

Great story Bruno --- That's a good example of the kindness and brotherhood of most vette owners and certainly of the members here at CCF -- It also reminds me of the friendliness and kindness of people in and around the Ottawa Valley.

Welcome btw -- and oh yes, I have a '94 Polo Green vette that I'm very partial to -- enjoy yours, she's a beauty.

Colin (previously of Smiths Falls).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.