Dec 23, 2013
Winnipeg
VetteCoins
Car
1976/2014 Coupes
IMG_1209.JPG

Reactions: 12cents
I know this thread is a couple of months old - but does anyone know WHERE the stripes are added?

Are they at the plant, or off site at a location near the plant - or God forbid - at the dealership?

Don't know if I want the the locals at the dealership to do it....:nailbiting:

I know this thread is a couple of months old - but does anyone know WHERE the stripes are added?

Are they at the plant, or off site at a location near the plant - or God forbid - at the dealership?

Don't know if I want the the locals at the dealership to do it....:nailbiting:
I got the stripes done by a guy who owns his own graphics business, does custom installation on cars.

Nice looking stripes !
Factory order stripes are added in a finishing area at the plant. Full body stripes require that the front and rear cowling emblems are not installed during assembly and sonic welded on after the stripes are on and trimmed.

Off topic but how do I add pics to a post?

Thanks! This is what I was after. I watched a bunch of videos of the Corvette plant and I've never seen a stripe. I know the gen 5 Camaro is done off site and there is nothing wrong with that as they do a ton of cars everyday. My worry was that it was downloaded to the dealer and they might not have any experience whatsoever...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread