Oct 19, 2014
LaSalle
VetteCoins
Car
1992 LT1 Convertible
When I bought my convertible last summer it came with a Sony aftermarket radio.

I found a 1993 vintage Bose Gold on kijiji and this week my son and I swapped it out.

We installed the Sony in the rear storage tub.

I kept the functionality of the aftermarket with the good looks of the original.
594fe9e4ac46d732e5f395ef8d5de259.jpg
3021d89e4c48ae0f6d6e1a278d095dc6.jpg

d16f8f7dc82ac9fffc76f4b4238a4045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they would make the aftermarket radios look more like the originals, people wouldn't mind. At least make the back lighting the same as the original. Something standing out like a sore thumb just doesn't work. Then again, if a person spent big bucks on a high end sound system, they probably want it to be noticed. I like the way you did it.

If they would make the aftermarket radios look more like the originals, people wouldn't mind. At least make the back lighting the same as the original. Something standing out like a sore thumb just doesn't work. Then again, if a person spent big bucks on a high end sound system, they probably want it to be noticed. I like the way you did it.

My original was long gone by the time I got the car, replaced the Circa 1990 Dennon head with a newer unit, the newer units colours can be changed, I have mine preset with the "forest" setting, it alternates between light and dark green, just like my "Atari" dash.

The plugs were still there although some wires were cut really short.
We were able to connect to them to reload the factory radio (without actually connecting to the speakers) and to make a harness to the aftermarket Sony in the rear storage.
I originally wanted to put the Sony in the console or in the glove box but it wouldn't fit in either location.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.