first_place_trailer

Regular
2 You're 10
Oct 29, 2013
Brighton, ONTARIO
VetteCoins
Car
2014 2LT
Here are pictures of my car I picked up Friday.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 42
  • INTERIOR 1.jpg
    INTERIOR 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 34
  • INTERIOR 4.jpg
    INTERIOR 4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 29
First impression when I drove the car was that I did not like it. I hard a hard time getting comfortable in the car. I am 5'8 and 200 lbs. As I adjusted the seats and mirrors (and my nerves settled) I quickly fell in love with the car! I should add I picked up the car and got caught in HAIL and rain! I also had long weekend traffic in Toronto so my nerves were a little shot.

The fit and finish is amazing. My Euro friends are truly impressed with the car.

My favourites

The Rev match is amazing, a monkey can drive the car
The power is instant and right there when you need it.
The handling exceeds my expectations and I have yet to push the car or put it in track mode.
If you are considering the transparent roof GET IT! The car does not get hot inside at all from the roof. It was well worth the money.
The exhaust upgrade was money well spent, the car sound amazing.

My dislikes

The cup holders suck. They hold a water bottle and that's about it. The lid on the cup holder will push a coffee over. I only allow water in car so its not a problem

When you wash the car water comes into the rubber seal around the rear hatch. Also when you open the truck and doors water comes into the car.

I am growing a little tired of getting my picture taken! ;)

All in all it is an amazing car and I giggle when I start to push the car!

The car looks great! I love the white. You waited long enough to get the car and when I read you didn't like it, I was shocked!...but then as you said, after adjusting the seating, all is well.

Glad to hear the interior is up to par! The kalahari looks great! I can't wait to get one!

We picked up our cars the same day, I have about 700km on it now. Took me a bit to get used to the firmness of the seats but once I figured out what all the pwr buttons did I got it to suit me very well. The fit and finish on the car inside and out is excellent, when you look back to earlier versions GM has come a long way in a short time. A pleasant surprise for me which nobody had mentioned previously was that the NAV displays thru the HUD as well. It isn't always there, just when it wants you to do something, nice touch.

Your right the NPP exhaust is well worth the money, sounds great. Overall the car is beautiful, when you point it somewhere that's where it goes, lots of power , pretty darn hard to find something to complain about. As the Top Gear guy recently said about the C7 it was "magnificent" and I would agree. Best sports car value in the world, certainly worth my wait.

Was sitting at a Tims the other day and saw two guys step out of the bank next door, start pointing at it. They got in their car and pulled around to the Tims lot, started walking around it and pulled the cell phones out to take pics. Very positive reaction to the car, had a couple in a Mustang convertible come over and walk around it, said he would love one but couldn't step up to the price. Went by a bunch of skate boarders on the street, "wow", "love your car man" ! It is a very nice car, no doubt.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Your car looks great Wyatt! Congrats. I managed to put 1200 km's on this weekend!

I found that when I adjusted my seats and moved the seat up and brought the steering wheel closer it became a cockpit. In my 2500 truck I drive with the seat way back. But I find in the C7 if you sit in it like a sports car is meant to be sat in the whole car felt like it was built for me. I am getting the windows done tonight so when I pass people they won't see the stupid grin on my face!

I did get an additional front license plate bracket, what is it for? I never really paid any attention to it.

I did get an additional front license plate bracket, what is it for? I never really paid any attention to it.

I'd bet that add'l bracket is the one for the grill mount Nathan, it is curved. Looks like C7Jakes but not trimmed. Fits right in the middle of the grill as with his pics. Dealer gave me an extra bracket as well but it is the mount like you have on yours, they put mine in the grill. I put a smoke cover on mine as well.

Off to get a paint protection film added to mine in the morning, bumper, mirrors, rocker panel, put the mud guards on first thing after picking it up. Getting some window tint done next Monday then it might be time for a decent road trip. Might wait until I have 500 miles on it, not far away, change the oil , then go. Like to do the first oil change very early on a new engine.

much nicer
I will put that on, I hope the original one does not leave mark when I remove it

No it doesn't. Dealer also installed my front plate on the ugly bumper bracket.

As soon as I got home, I removed it, installed grill mount and plate, then extended slash guards.

I didn't do the trim job Jake did but it is worlds better looking then the bumper mount.

No it doesn't. Dealer also installed my front plate on the ugly bumper bracket.

As soon as I got home, I removed it, installed grill mount and plate, then extended slash guards.

I didn't do the trim job Jake did but it is worlds better looking then the bumper mount.

Odd that they put that one on initially. I bought mine thru Wilson Niblett, said that I was glad to see the mid grill bracket on it when they pulled the car around, he told me they don't even ask customers anymore they just put in the grill bracket. Maybe the lower volume Corvette dealers just don't see enough of them to know that customers much prefer the other bracket.

Odd that they put that one on initially. I bought mine thru Wilson Niblett, said that I was glad to see the mid grill bracket on it when they pulled the car around, he told me they don't even ask customers anymore they just put in the grill bracket. Maybe the lower volume Corvette dealers just don't see enough of them to know that customers much prefer the other bracket.

I think they are leery to do it, since GM is specific the bumper mount is the mount to be delivered in Ontario. So it may be based on some GM lawyer's interpretation of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

I think they are leery to do it, since GM is specific the bumper mount is the mount to be delivered in Ontario. So it may be based on some GM lawyer's interpretation of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

GM sends both brackets with the car. My sales guy said no one ever asks for the bumper mount so they just go ahead and put it on the grille. I received the bumper mount bracket as well, now it sits on the shelf.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread