Casual User
Sep 2, 2015
Trenton Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1978 Silver Anni
Province
ON
1978 silver anni, L82 numbers matching, oyster interior, do not think it is original paint but is an original anni car by the numbers, stolen for $6500 certified.

Attachments

• 78vette1.png
    78vette1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 78vette3.png
    78vette3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Frame is very good, and what can be inspected of the bird cage seems good, I am third owner, last fella owned since 1996 and he was 74 years old. Parked in garage, on lift the underside looks very clean, some chips and scratches and shoes some wear interior, 100000km.

Reactions: ddgermann
No secret I don't favor anything after the C3, my 82 is the ultimate, the 93 I just bought is just a car, and a poorly made one at that. If I listed all the things I see wrong with the design and all I would be banned from here !! I got a deal on it that no one in his right mind would of turned down, so I bought it sight unseen, paid the man and drove it home expecting a improvement over the C3, so far all I can say is that it has more room inside and the flip front gives easier access to the engine. Don't sell your C3 , the Shark body design is the most eye catching and recognisable car on the road.

I find the 82 handles better than the 93. The 93 is a slower ratio and requiers alot more effort to turn the wheel. The 82 is like a jack rabbit with his tail on fire, it just is very quick and gotta pay attention looking ahead cause it changes direction quick with the slightest turn of the wheel....something I'm still not use to as my old cars are not that fast a ratio. The 93 is just slower handling as it is rougher riding too.

you could be right, my son and I did a resto on a 74 a few years ago and sold shortly after the finish, he liked a firebird. I had forgotten how nice the C3 is to drive. had it out this weekend and my wife said how much she liked it even to ride in, I told her she can have it. OOOPS......

I'm not familiar with the steering setup on the C4's but C2's & C3's had two positions where the tie rods could fit into the steering knuckles. For C2 & C3 vehicles with Power Steering, it was mandatory the tie rods go into the inner steering knuckle holes, which would seem to provide a faster steering response than if they went into the outer holes of the steering knuckle. Don't know if that could explain some of the feeling for a faster steering response.

Reactions: Belair327
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.