Oct 20, 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Hey guys. Had my first track day on Friday. What a blast that was. I was hooked instantly. The car handles amazingly, is so responsive and grippy. It really was a treat.

Anyways, I drove 4 sessions, I got the first 3 on video before my GoPro died. I had an instructor with me as its mandatory for first timers. The video is the raw footage, so it's over an hour long. I obviously don't expect people to watch the whole thing haha. Skip around, or just maybe watch the last session as it was my fastest of the 3.

Session start times are marked in the video description, and I catch up and pass a GTR at the 1:07 mark. That's definitely a highlight. Enjoy!

Also, did drags that night after my track day. Best time was a 12.64 @118mph. It's a slow track so that's actually a decent time, but I do definitely need to work on my 60'.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: smackYYZ
"A tail stepping out doesn't mean you're being cautious". Love that line.
It's actually a pretty interesting video to watch, especially with the instructors comments. Very cool!

Looks like fun! Nice driving. We need another track in Alberta. The track junkie guys are a great bunch who are doing everything they can to support the sport. The Castrol track does have a weird flow to it but it definitely uses all of the car with the short straights and tight turns.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.