This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

My Dealer ZR1 request experience

janaka

I'm New Here
Sep 13, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
Cameron5595!
Province
NL
I contacted my home town GM Dealer (Canada) and asked to be put on their list for the ZR1 - knowing this is a small town and lower volume store I'd be in for several year long wait, which I'm cool with.
His response was as follows
"Hello Jason. I spoke to my sales manager and he said that he has 5 ppl ahead of you. If you are interested in being the 6th person in line then that’s ok. He would require a $10,000.00 deposit upfront to hold that placement though. His only concern is that we will be lucky to see probably only One ZR1 in the next yr and you would be looking at the earliest 2027"

While the timeline doesn't offend me as it's within expectation, holding $10k feels a bit much. I have no problem with a deposit, but $10k seems steep for a no promises eta.
Are other Dealers holding this large of deposits on these cars?
Interested in any input there may be out there if I'm out to lunch on them holding that much.

I would prefer to put down $10,000 instead of $2,500 as that request would scare off other prospective buyers and make the list shorter for me, and would provide the dealer with more serious buyers.
At 5 people ahead of him that money will profit the dealer only and he'll never see the car.

Ask Hickman Motors how many ZR1's they got in 2019 and then get back to me.

Reactions: 12cents