Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi guys. I recently received an email from On Star member services saying I’m not getting the full benefit of my plan, suggesting that I get the My Chevy app. I had only used the on Star for the trial period, and then cancelled it. I was wondering if this app is of any use if I do not subscribe to On Star.
Thanks.

I have the Cadillac App and I can actually enter all of my receipts from service on the car to keep track of all of the maintenance done and at what KM, etc. Let's of other extras that are available once you start to use it!

Hi guys. I recently received an email from On Star member services saying I’m not getting the full benefit of my plan, suggesting that I get the My Chevy app. I had only used the on Star for the trial period, and then cancelled it. I was wondering if this app is of any use if I do not subscribe to On Star.
Thanks.

This app actually sucks. I say that because unless you start the car every couple of weeks it will not ping your car. I had the big OnStar plan and it's no different. It still doesn't work unless you start the car every 10 days or so. I subscribed to OnStar and hoped to use this app to be able to keep an eye on my car while out of Canada (which is most of the time). Also, your email and diagnostic alerts will stop as well if the car isn't started often.
Spence started my car yesterday and this is what I got trying to access it today.... pushing yes did nothing. haha
IMG_4361.PNG

Total crap app if you are not near your car and fire it up in storage now and then. The contents are also limited unless you are a paying subscriber to OnStar. Which I found out after shutting that down after 2 years for this car. Sorry not trying to be negative but don't for a second think this app is useful other than the online manual.... which may or may not be available depending on your subscription to OnStar.

This app is pure boo for my needs.

good luck...

edit: I finally got logged onto my car and its status is unavailable unless I "upgrade" my account. yup....useless
edit 2: Had the Cadillac and the app... same same :Biggrin:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I drive my car year round and get regular updates. Got an email overnight a couple weeks ago that my rear passenger tire was low. Checked the pressure and it was down to 11 pounds. Pulled the tire off and found a screw in the tread. Took it to my local Discount Tire store in Tucson. Tire removed from wheel and patched remounted & balanced in less than an hour. Cost = FREE!!!!
I'm sure the car would have told me I had a flat if I went to go somewhere but knowing in advance made the entire experience less annoying.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.