Jun 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
From what my dealer is telling me my car is scheduled to be built this week ( Oct 10-14 ) I'm in Ontario Canada & have asked the dealer for a VIN but he does not know how to get it until it's at 3800 status ( Order produced, Vin is available ). Once the car is built the dealer gets an invoice with a VIN.

Can any one walk me through what I need to tell the dealer to try get a VIN. It's not the end of the world as I will have it by Friday of this coming week, & the car should be here is 2 week hopefully.

From what my dealer is telling me my car is scheduled to be built this week ( Oct 10-14 ) I'm in Ontario Canada & have asked the dealer for a VIN but he does not know how to get it until it's at 3800 status ( Order produced, Vin is available ). Once the car is built the dealer gets an invoice with a VIN.

Can any one walk me through what I need to tell the dealer to try get a VIN. It's not the end of the world as I will have it by Friday of this coming week, & the car should be here is 2 week hopefully.
Ya, Shane can tell you, but tell your dealer he has to do a vin incentive lookup.
The dealership can see the vin when one is assigned at status code 3400 and above.
"Tell him to do an order inquiry manually and there will be a vin incentive lookup link..... way, way, way, way to the right. "

Don’t forget to include your order number in your email. Lori and Shane were great to deal with. They can even provide you with your VIN. Very responsive.

When I got to 3400 I contacted Shane (thanks to Murray 20C8) and gave him my order # and within 12 hrs. Shane gave me a Vin# and built date. That built date was then changed to Nov. 1. The dealer was no help and didn't seem interested

Reactions: Murray20c8
Plug your vin in here and it should be very close to accurate.

1666359669754.png

Last edited:
15660 looks like Tues, Nov. 1 about 23rd that day. Not sure if they are on 12 hr. shifts if so my would be produced in the 2nd. hr. :canada: assuming the 153 per day. If I am lucky like my buddy there was a empty spot on the carrier he got his in 5 days

153 per day is the average they've been doing when you sprinkle in 70ths, Z06's and parts issues.
I'd wager that monday will see a good volume, but since we don't know how many 70ths will be built then who knows.
The three have distinct vins so you can't tell what hour yours is/was built. They have 2 8 hour shifts starting at 6:20 am with 2 breaks and a lunch etc.

Mine was supposed to be built the week of October 24 but will be pushed back a week because of the shutdown. Hoping to have mine before we get a snowfall. Straight from the dealer to my garage until Spring. ;)

Is there a link to the site to enter my VIN into or is this an internal GM site?
It was my tracking spreadsheet. I gave up keeping track once the 70ths and Z06's started being built. Daily numbers are being reported on Facebook by Mark Riel in a C8 group

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.