Featured Thread
Nice, whats your build? Nothing like a good road trip to get through the break-in!
HTC, 2LT, Red Mist with natural interior, GT2 seats, bimode exhaust, high wing (installed by Bill Spencer Chev). I have new wheels and Z51 front splitter in the garage. Will probably get the roof and nacelles wrapped in black metallic.

I am not allowed to travel to Ontario and even if I did, I would have to self isolate for two weeks on my return to NS. So shipping by truck is the fastest way to get me driving.

Reactions: Maximus74
This is amazing and really fast. How long did it took from built date to arrival at Spencer? Do you know if it passed by Toledo and was on train or drive from BGA directly to Spencer?
My C8 was built on May 7th, arrived at Spencers yesterday or today (I am assuming by truck for the entire trip). The car was held for quality check for a few days.

Andrew Spencer was kind enough to grab a few pics for me. Thank you Andrew.
C8 Pic 3.jpeg
C8 Pic 2.jpeg
C8 Pic 1.jpeg

High wing is installed. Waiting to get picked up for the trip to NS.

Beautiful colour combo!
How do you get it plated and registered? Asking because I have considered buying out of province but didn’t know how.
Thanks. In NS (and probably the same in other provinces) we are allowed to put the license plate from our previous vehicle on a new vehicle and we have 30 days to record the change in vehicles with the Registry of Motor Vehicles. With the purchase of the new vehicle the selling dealer provides the Bill of Sale and the new vehicle form which you take to the RMV and they will provide the registration in your home province. You may have to pay additional sales tax at the time of registration if the required sales tax is not included on the Bill of Sale. I just did the registration this week and it took about 15 minutes at the RMV. In NS, we have to get the vehicle safety inspected and we have 10 days to get that done on a new vehicle.

I have purchased vehicles in NB, Ontario, Alberta, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Wisconsin (1993 RX7 Turbo, highly modified with 427 hp from 1.3 litre rotary) - all got registered in NS with no issues. A little more work for the vehicles imported from the USA but the process is straightforward. I have also registered a kit car (Cobra replica) in NS - that is a lot more work. It took six trips to RMV to get that one done, plus numerous phone calls to the RMV manager and you have to have the vehicle inspected by an automotive engineer.
Cobra 2020 pic smaller.JPG

I have also exported a car from NS to Florida which was a very easy transaction.
RX7 Pic best one.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: harshadt
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.